• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My 680 Dutch tank

No secret just the usual things. Over the years I have added to the system. CO2 gave the biggest improvement. Our water is very hard and RO water helps. Oddly I find that growth is best with fewer water changes, contary to advice. Does anyone know why this should be? Over the years I have found some plants grow and other don't.

I have black card behind the glass on the back wall. The back glass is not cleaned.

Sorry if I have not posted the pics in the best way- advice?

Interesting you mention about the hard water, and difficulty with pogostemon erectus. I have had success with it, my water is naturally soft; I wonder if that could be a factor.

1 week after a major replant of all the stem plants and Cut back of the rooted species. The Gloss had become a thick matted carpet, after replanting with just a few shoots it is just starting to run.
DSC_0018 1.jpg

Interesting you mention about the hard water, and difficulty with pogostemon erectus. I have had success with it, my water is naturally soft; I wonder if that could be a factor.
I'm using RO water but still struggling with pogostemon erectus

Hi Paul, now that's a nicely planted tank.
Do you mind me asking what co2 set up you have?
Shortly ( oct) I'll be setting up my new 470lt tank.
Thanks
David

Hi Paul, now that's a nicely planted tank.
Do you mind me asking what co2 set up you have?
Shortly ( oct) I'll be setting up my new 470lt tank.
Thanks
David
Hi David

I have a 5kg fire extinguisher and an external reactor which lasts about a year running at about 5 bubbles per second

Thanks Paul,
I have just purchased an AM 1000 external reactor .
This will be run from a 5kg FE
Another item crossed of the " to get list"

Back