• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My aqualife 600

mr. luke

Picked up this bargain tank for £200 including 4xt8 lighting, aps 2000 and eheim wet and dry thermo filter. Its 200x50x70cm.
Im thinking of going high tech with amazon puffers being the stocking choice.
The lighting will probably be swapped out for a diy led system of some kind as its currently 240 watts of t8 which is a money pit imo.
Currently home to wood and moss. Im going hardscape collecting tommorrow and if that fails more hardscape on payday :)
5cba14d38d5aa5d8b676f0ab1dc58104.jpg

I've only seen it in two places - I'm wondering where the third place is? :confused:

Due to the cost of using ro it will now be stocked with tanganyikans which means the lovely wood will be taking a holiday in the garage. Ill make sure I disapoint you all with pictures of anubias and java fern :)

It's an excuse for an awesome rockscape - you might be able to get some mosses established, also some grasses ... look at some of the journals where plant areas are incorporated into the rock (including aqua soil). There are lots of awesome fish, just do your research into species (read every anecdote you can find in regard to keeping of various fishes) & choose only those that will fit into your imagined tank.
Though if it's just water hardness, there are loads of plants that will thrive even in "liquid rock" tap water.

Plot twist.
Bought myself an ro unit so back to puffers again.
Found a glorious piece of wood at my local maidenhead. The rocks have been 'aquired' pre mossed.
Heres a fts as it stands at the minute.
It needs considerably more plants. There is a lot of space behind everything you can see for stem plants if I decide on co2. The left hand side will be planted up as a second island. The swords give a good outline of this.
ab45f24f990673103742bcb43aa4bb77.jpg

Thinking of maybe removing the very centre rock?
open to criticism but remember that its one piece of wood so it cannot be adjusted even an inch. Its the only way it would fit in the tank through the braces.

37b7680da61155238072697600c45d13.jpg

Plant list will be updated when I have a spare minute.
Most of the java fern has been rehomed to make room for some other plants but I'm very happy with it in this image.
Started to get a bit ambitious with the lighting and upped it to 12 hours and 116 watts which has obviously created some algae, small tufts of bba but only on the giant crypts. Lowered the light period to 8 hours and taken a tube out. Will assult it with liquid carbon from now on.
Hoping to get a decent carpet of crypt flamingo going and will be replacing most of the ferns with small bucephalandras

I have added plants but growth has been good :)
I cheated with the ferns and bought them already well established. I'll get a shot now they are out :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Getting a bit 'meh' as I'm randomly chucking spare plants in.
Going to pull out some rocks later and cut down on the plant types to make it look a bit less chaotic

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Upgraded to a 5 foot 4x80w T5HO unit today. Ridiculously overkill but it's now future proof :)
Could potentially be changing it for a 5x2x2 at some point. Similar volume but a better shape

Back