• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My boys first time fishing!

Martin Osmond

Took Harry my 4 year old fishing for the first time today, was a bit worried he may still be a bit too young but he loved it and we had an awesome time!

8668810518_eb472c33f1_c.jpg

His first ever fish!
8667709297_09fe6baa66_c.jpg

His first decent sized fish, unfortunately it was a snotty bream!
8667703837_3f30a89193_c.jpg

His first 'proper' one, a lovely fully scaled of about 4 lbs! Was actually a really nice fish but it looks a bit wrong on the mat, he wouldn't hold it cos it was too big!!!
8667705351_0c3ed22ae1_c.jpg

Thats great :thumbup: , I have been fishing for nearly two years but have only fished on 1 lake, a stream and a few canal spots. I only float fish with maggots and the biggest I have caught was a 12oz roach!, but technically I have caught a pike which was well over a pound by the look of it, it must of attacked what was on my line, I thought it was going to be a bream as it did not fight much but when I saw it i blahblahblahblah myself!, luckily in a way it came off so I did not have to try and unhook it:p

at least his first fish survived the experience ( i assume) my first fish wasn't so lucky, about 40 yrs ago I went fishing for the first time ever in a local quarry, I got so excited when the float went that I over reacted.... small perch goes flying over my head straight into the quarry wall poor thing never stood a chance, fortunately I've calmed down a bit now

Is the age that my grandfather first took me fishing.
Still remember spittin on worm's, and catching yellow tailed catfish.
If your lucky,your son will be hooked for life on the sport which help's keep em from Mischief.

Back