My Cryptocoryne dominated 100 lt riverscape .

Discussion in 'Planted Tank Gallery' started by Sarpijk, 16 Dec 2019.

1. Sarpijk

Sarpijk Member

Hi all, I don't believe I have ever showed you a tank of mine. This is scape that I feel confident about. More of a planted , less of a scaped tank. The whole idea was to have a tank that doesn't require much intervention on my part.

I like Cryptocorynes and I enjoy Sewelia Lineonata so a fast flowing tank was in order.

This is an Aquael Leddy 75 lit by a Twinstar 600 EA. I used dirt and laterite balls and also sprinkled some Osmocote. It was setup in July and only now it seems that plants have matured and started actively growing. As expected Cryptocoryne Balansae took it's time to develop a root system and now grows like crazy. C. Usteriana also is a slow grower.
    For fish I have

5 x Sewelia Lineonata
    2 x Yaoshania-pachychilus
    5 x Danio Rerio
    10 x Tanichthys Albonubes
    2 x Bamboo shrimp Atyopsis Moluccensis

a lot of Neocaridina Davidii var.Orange.

Filtration wise I use a Fluval 206 and two 500 l/h Aquael powerheads.

Hope you like it![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

igirisujin, BrianSmith, Gill and 9 others like this.
  2. alto

alto Member

and it seems less keen on soft water, I’m an avid melter of C usteriana, followed by e.x.t.r.e.m.e.l.y S.L.O.W growth
    (I always end up impatient of its progress :nailbiting: :( o_O :meh: :shifty: :sour: :dead: )

Sarpijk likes this.
  3. alto

alto Member

Nice collection of ramshorn snails :D

dw1305 and Sarpijk like this.
  4. Sarpijk

Sarpijk Member

Yes this is very convenient as I do not want to use R.O water. I got the Usteriana in spring from a fellow hobbyist but before it could settle I had to move it to this tank. At first I was worried it might not do well because it was planted right next to the Balansae. Thankfully it has started putting out new growth. As for the snails I know they might be unsightly to some but for me they are an indispensable part of a small scale ecosystem and help keep BBA at bay.

dw1305 likes this.
  5. Surya

Surya Member

Gorgeous and natural looking tank. I love C.balansae and dream of mine growing as well as yours. Really like the look.

Sarpijk likes this.
  6. Sarpijk

Sarpijk Member

Thanks Surya! I think the dirted substrate really makes a difference.

7. Sarpijk

Sarpijk Member

The Panda loaches look great and I really enjoy them because they are very lively and outgoing. Too bad I only got two of them. They were 30% on Black Friday and although I ordered six the shop send me 3 because they were sold out and also lost many fish before even selling. Out of the three one was DOA. Hopefully I can get some more as soon as they are back in stock. [​IMG][​IMG]

bloskas likes this.
  8. Sarpijk

Sarpijk Member

Quick phone update. The other day I added some Cryptocoryne Affinis on the left side. Needs some time to settle in but I already like it. Big thanks to @jolt100 for supplying it![​IMG]

Gill, cosmin_ruz, mort and 2 others like this.