My Cryptocoryne dominated 100 lt riverscape .

Sarpijk

Gutted! One of the pandas jumped out! Needed to share. I see the one left and feel even worse it is alone now.

It had done it twice before but it was before my eyes and I put it back immediately. I had even built a small screen cover to deter them from jumping from that same right side where the spraybar is located. I was on the phone during and after a water change so I when I saw it was too late and it must have jumped before I put the screen back. What I noticed is after a water change they would hunt and play with eah othe climbing against the side glass.

Seriously fish is right to advise that they should be kept in a covered tank.

Sarpijk

Quick mildly interesting post.

Few days ago I added some Hygroriza Aristata. Used to have it in the past and liked it. I am wondering why this isn't more popular.

Anyways today I saw that a tiny spider has built a web on a new shoot!

willh5080

I like your fish tank! And this is a really good photoes. Wish you good camera to take good photoes of your hobbies!)

ChrisD80

Hi @Sarpijk your Sewelia Lineonata look absolutely gorgeous. Are they effective at removing algae? and do they have a tendency to jump out?
I have had some recent experiences with fish jumping and I am keen to minimise the risks with future stocking choices.
Thanks

Sarpijk

Hi @Sarpijk your Sewelia Lineonata look absolutely gorgeous. Are they effective at removing algae? and do they have a tendency to jump out?
I have had some recent experiences with fish jumping and I am keen to minimise the risks with future stocking choices.
Thanks
Glad you like it. I wouldn't say that they remove algae. They do need algae to thrive because they graze for tiny microorganisms. To be honest I feel that they are falsely marketed as Asian Algae eaters and they often end up in unsuitable setups.

I have only kept them in tanks without a lid never had any jump. Of course the water level is about five centimetres below the top of the glass.

ChrisD80

Thank you [mention]Sarpijk [/mention] very useful information.
Would also like to say you have a great looking tank, so natural and tasteful.

Cheers Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Conort2

Sewelia Lineonata look absolutely gorgeous. Are they effective at removing algae?
I’ve got a couple and I would say they’re more carnivorous than algae eaters preferring to eat the organisms found in the algae. They love stuff like freeze dried black worms and bloodworms. They do graze on the glass and rocks but don’t seem to be very good at removing actual algae.

cheers

Conor

ChrisD80

Thanks [mention]Conort2 [/mention]
I think I saw an Aquarium Coop video some time ago about algae eating ‘crew’ which included them, so useful to hear your experience

Sarpijk

Thanks [mention]Conort2 [/mention]
I think I saw an Aquarium Coop video some time ago about algae eating ‘crew’ which included them, so useful to hear your experience

This is what I was referring to as wrong advertising. I wouldn't trust a pet shop owner ( exceptions apply) to get information about livestock. In my mind they are not suited for the average community tank

Sarpijk

Thanks man, hopefully the shop I got them from should bring some when summer temperatures drop.