• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My discus tank

zigur

Seedling
Hello Everyone!

I would like to introduce to you my planted discus tank, and ask your advice,what can i do to make it more beautiful.( what kind os plants can you imagine; cutting; rearrange; etc)
I know i wasn t too active member in this forum, butmy English languge skills are onky reading and understanding the English and my grammar so terrible (as you see :lol: )
I always follow the topics here in the Ukaps and I learnt lots of valuable information on the planted tanks for you.
I would like to thank all of you for these: THANKS!

Let see!
Tank deatils:

Volume:330 l
Lightning: 2x30w T8, 2x55w PC
Substrate: Akadama
Filtration: Jbl e1500 and Tetratec in1000 plus
Plants:Rotala rotundifolia, Rotala sp. "green",Glossostigma elantinoides,Pogostemon helferi,Echinodorus x barthi, Echinodorus Ozelot,Cryptocoryne wendtii,Anubias nana,Hemianthus micranthemoides,Micranthemum umbrosum
Animals:Symphysodon aequifasciata, Crossocheilus siamensis, Otociclus affinis, Paracheirodon axelrodi,Corydoras paleatus,shrimps

uj3.jpg

akva%20020.12.jpg

uj.jpg

uj2.jpg

uj4.jpg

im not a photo genius,sorry! :(

Wow, sorry, I'm not posting with any suggestions on how to improve, just to say haw well your discus and your tank look.

Your grammar is in the top 10% for this forum, so don't worry about that :D

Looking forward to seeing more of this tank,

Mark

Tank looks great :clap:

Few questions: How do you find feeding the discus with the Glossostigma elantinoides carpet,when i had my carpet alot of the food didnt get eaten as it became trapped in it and the discus couldnt get it out.

Do you run CO2 on it at all,it looks like you do,how do you find the discus with it?

I love the bunches of rotala and the little dark spots in between. Its a nice effect ! Great scape overall and the Discus look nice and healthy

Thank you for your compliments! :D

vauxhallmark said:
Wow, sorry, I'm not posting with any suggestions on how to improve, just to say haw well your discus and your tank look.

Your grammar is in the top 10% for this forum, so don't worry about that :D

Looking forward to seeing more of this tank,

Mark

my grammar is terrible,belive me! :lol: But my girlfriend is an English teacher and she s correcting my mistakes. :oops: :lol:

steve2tanks said:
Tank looks great :clap:

Few questions: How do you find feeding the discus with the Glossostigma elantinoides carpet,when i had my carpet alot of the food didnt get eaten as it became trapped in it and the discus couldnt get it out.

Do you run CO2 on it at all,it looks like you do,how do you find the discus with it?

It never causes any problem feeding the discus.They eat on thef some food remains between the glosso the siamease algae eaters and corydoras eat them.
I use co2, but as you can see,I don t use too high light, so I don t need to hold the ideal 30ppm co2 , so it doesn t bother the discus as i can see!maybe the too much bubles sometimes, but i think not the co2.

My Question: I have an Eheim classic filter, can I use it like a co2 reactor?If i turn off every night and start it every morning it doesnt harm or crap out?( this is my real grammar :lol: )

Any reccomandation about the plants? What can i use instead of Hemianthus micranthemoides?

lovely tank dude.

could maybe do with some plants in the middle to soften the transition between the carpet and the stems. altho this is just my humble opinion! ;0)

using the canister filter, i believe some do feed co2 into the inlet of canister filters, but personally i wouldn't the seals of the filter could suffer. not good! :0)
what are you using for diffusion at the moment?

baron von bubba said:
lovely tank dude.

could maybe do with some plants in the middle to soften the transition between the carpet and the stems. altho this is just my humble opinion! ;0)

using the canister filter, i believe some do feed co2 into the inlet of canister filters, but personally i wouldn't the seals of the filter could suffer. not good! :0)
what are you using for diffusion at the moment?

Thanks! :D
Yes i think too,that i need some plant in the middle and i'm creating a circle-shaped rotala sp. green at the moment. but i don't like the hemianthus, and I'd like to replace it somehow. i thought of a plant that grows slowly and middle light is sufficient for it, and i can shape it easily.
i have a glass diffusor and it's next to the TETRA inlet filter which is used as a spray bar. i want to banish the bubbles, that's why i thought the EHEIM classic to dissolve them.isn't it a good idea?
I'm concerned more about the bad effects of the switcing on/off than the damage of the seals. what do you think?

Hello!

There are some new pictures of my tank. I changed my Glosso carpet to the Tenellus carpet because the Glosso is grew to fast and made too much mess.
The discuses are scared of me, so i cant take pictures of them, but believe me this is still a discus tank. :lol:
i have got a camera this weekend so i hope i can take better pictures.
hal%20182.1.jpg

hal%20092.1.jpg

hal%20014.jpg

Absolutely stunningas it is, but as said above - something to help the transition from the back to the carpet.

Maybe some more Pogostemon or some Staurogyne. Or even wood with fern / mixed anubias

That is lovely. It is nice and simple and beautiful.

I wan to have a big roomy tank someday with a large unusual sword or two.

Hi

How do you find corydoras and akadama?

p.s beautiful tank!

Thanks

Beautiful tank! Regarding your question about CO2 and the filter, turning off the filter at night is not a good idea as the bacteria in the filter need oxygen and will suffocate and die. Have you considered a CO2 reactor? You can make a really sufficient DIY one yourself:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4626

If you have some money to spare than this would do very well for your tank size. I think they deliver abroad:
http://www.us-aquaristikshop.com/store- ... senzaehler

regards,
fandango

Back