• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My First Aquascape IAPLC 2020: The Tempest

E95678F8-997A-4AB1-89C0-0D745C7B2633.jpeg

It ranked 1656/2358 so there’s plenty of room for improvement, but I’m proud of it regardless of the result. The name comes from it looking quite dark and grey, and I found the position of the fish to be ominous. This was my first aquascape and it was only 5 weeks old, so the carpet isn’t so full and there were some minor algae issues. The fish were only in there for a week or two, but they had bred without me noticing and if you look closely in the top right corner, there is one tiny little fry.

Dimensions: 60 by 45 by 35cm (length, width, height)

Fauna: Poropanchax Normani (I also had some Amano Shrimp and Nerite Snails, which I removed for shooting)

Flora: Hemianthus Callitrichoides, Eleocharis Acicularis ‘Mini’, Eleocharis Acicularis, Eleocharis Montevidensis

I’m looking forward to next year when I’ll enter a new aquascape. I plan on leaving a bit more time than this year to allow the layout to mature and I’m aiming for the top half of entries.

Last edited:
Back