• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My First aquascape

Hey Guys I have just finished my hardscape test run and finding it very hard to choose plants I like carpet plants and mosses I hope someone could point me in the right direction
Thanks
received_1280824415407222.jpeg

Hi all,
I have just finished my hardscape test run and finding it very hard to choose plants I like carpet plants and mosses I hope someone could point me in the right direction
You might like to try a "dry start", that would allow <"the mosses"> and <"carpet plants"> to establish before flooding.

cheers Darrel

Hi all,
Hey Darrel thanks for the imput, i really new here what do u mean by dry start?
Thanks
It is a technique where the plants establish in a humid atmosphere, rather than under water. Have a look at the linked threads and <"Diana Walstad - Small Shrimp......">.

You can also search UKAPS, this is <"dry start method"> as the search term.

I see your location is Lachendorf, must be an interesting place to live. My daughter has friends in Lüchow, and I've driven from Hanover through Celle etc

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
Darrel thanks, will so research on this topic, is this only for mosses and carpet plants or with other plants I'm thinking of adding anubias and Bucephalandra on the rocks aswell

Back