• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My first Aquascape

MattT34

Hi All

I'm Matt and I'm new here and relatively new to Aquascaping so be kind šŸ¤£

This is my first major Aquascape, I had a small planted tank years ago but you couldn't really call it Aquascaping.

Tank specs,
Fluval Roma 240 (walnut cabinet)
Fluval 307 filter + biomaster thermo 600
Light fluval plant 3.0
C02 art inline diffuser (fitted to the 307)
Dosing TNC complete
Probibio substrate

Hardscape:
Millennium Stone
Wine wood

Went for a chaotic/natural effect, I fell in love with the wine woods character.

Tank is now 2 weeks old some of the background plants are yet to bloom so will fill out nicely, the Monte Carlo down low has some growing to do too.

Let me know what you all think I'm very pleased for my first attempt. And already have a nano tank on the go for the office still arranging the hardscape :D

Stay safe

Matt
IMG-20200709-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20200709-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20200709-WA0005.jpg
IMG_20200714_180033.jpg

I have put this as a separate comment as it can be removed if not allowed,

All my hardscape and plants came from Aquarium Gardens, Dave and Steve where great help! Will go back there for every future tank!

Very nice, :) apart from the marimo ball. Have you used a sucker and cable tie to keep that piece of wood upright or to stop it from floating away?

Very nice, :) apart from the marimo ball. Have you used a sucker and cable tie to keep that piece of wood upright or to stop it from floating away?
Both, I have glued all the wood to the rocks to keep it down but on day two that glue broke and floated and I had no more glue, it was a quick and successful fix I may leave it and grow some miss over it. As for the ball I have since broke it up and stuck it to a few bits of wood, I like it.

I must admit the sucker/cable tie idea is a good one that I may have to borrow :)
Your welcome šŸ˜‰, I've also used a similar idea in a second tank I'm still working on, the large rock on the right is propped vertical up by some suckers and clips on the back glass, tall stem plants should hide it more too

Attachments

• IMG_20200714_180033.jpg
    IMG_20200714_180033.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 184
Hi,

I've been lurking here for a while, but had to join to comment on this! Talk me through How you stuffed the lily pipe into the pre-drilled fittings?

Hi,

I've been lurking here for a while, but had to join to comment on this! Talk me through How you stuffed the lily pipe into the pre-drilled fittings?
Hi Ollie basically I removed the original outlet as it just pulls out and figured the hole left behind is a nice fit on the hose I had for the left hand side Lilly pipes, so I cut a short length enough for about an inch into the black outlet pipe and an inch or maybe less for the Lilly pipe to fit in, makes a much cleaner look and the flow is far greater.

Sounds good, I have a brand new Roa 240 in my garage, and I had the idea to put the lily pipes here too (Once I finally get round to setting it up)

Sounds good, I have a brand new Roa 240 in my garage, and I had the idea to put the lily pipes here too (Once I finally get round to setting it up)
I'll get round to swapping the inlet too but need to find a straight inlet no bend

Green Aqua managed something similar on their large cube display, maybe a pipe cutter or glass cutter could trim the U bend off a glass inlet?

Green Aqua managed something similar on their large cube display, maybe a pipe cutter or glass cutter could trim the U bend off a glass inlet?
Yeah that could work if you could rotate the glass cutter through the bend, I have one I might try it.

Back