• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape My first attempt :)

wilamzq

Seedling
VRvfNKD

Hi!

Today just finished my hardscape for the Iwagumi and now I am into the research for the plans.. Can you give me any corrections/suggestions for the hardscape?

- Tank 80x35x40 112 litres
- Lavarocks
- Substrate: Tropica Aqua Soil

For the plants I am think of HC carpet with some eleocharis parvula mini in some rocks! Feel free to suggest anything else!

Thank you in advance!

VRvfNKD.jpg

Last edited:
some make it look easy but iwagumi is the hardest to achieve.. you obviously think something is wrong with the layout or you would be happy with it.. keep going until your happy with the overall layout then walk away leave it for a few hours then go back.. you will for sure change it again and again and proberbly again.. don't rush it and it will all fall into place. have a look at few more designs and the golden ratio may help

Hi,

Thank you for your recommendations, The thing is I followed the two third rules, taped the aquarium and placed the stones carefully at least on the left side base on that. Also something that I tried to copy it was this photo.

3jmCGFW.jpg

Is this example wrong? Or I am very far from that?

Thank you again!

take a picture from a more square on look.. like I said when your happy.. it done

Thank you all for your very fruitful comments, the X layout was something that I didnt see and you are very right, I am gonna experiment more then before continue!

wilamzq

The photo you used note not only the rock positioning but the various sizes used. That is what makes it so interesting to view.

I am gonna experiment more then before continue!

It's not only the rock placements think about the size and shape of all of the rocks. Can you exchange the rocks for more suitable ones.

Keith:wave::wave:

Back