• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

my first go at a planted tank

mang

Seedling
22122008076resize2.jpg

Welcome aboard :) just edited the post as you only place a link to the thumbnail and not the actual image ;)

Tank is looking great :) Can you post the setup for this tank and some more info?

i did think it was abit small thanx for doing that the tank has
glossostigma elatinoides
pogostemon helferi
hemianthus micranthemoides
microsorum pteropus
rotala rotundifolia
hygrophila polysperma
marsilea hirsuta
echinodorus magdalenensis
stauogyne sp
microsorium pteropus
4 discus, 10 corys, 20 neontetras and 3 bristelnose plecs
im using co2
4x pro plant 48" bulbs
i used the tropica substrate and thats about it i think

Lovely looking tank there. Well done.

More info would be great, what filtration? how are you diffusing the co2 internal or external reactor?

How long has this been set up?

Cheers Gordon.

The tank has been running for about 8 months now it has 3 filtters
1 is a xp1
2 is a fluval 305
3 is a ehiem carnt remember what number its big lol
the co2 diffuser is a JBL Vario i think it came in the kit i brought i put 4 ml of tropica plant nutrition in a day if im doing any thing wrong please say i.e the stuff im using.

mang said:
if im doing any thing wrong please say

I think your tank tells you your doing everything right.

mang said:
4 ml of tropica plant nutrition in a day

That must work out farly expensive take a look here http://www.theplantedtank.co.uk/allinone.htm buying the dry ferts and then making your own solution will work out far cheaper.

I have been using James all in one solution for about 2 weeks and all good so far, and a fair few others here use it i believe.

Cheers Gordon.

I spend way to much time in the tank as it is i think il just stick to buying it any way i know the man in the shop quite well and he gives me a good discount :rolleyes: iv tried changing it befor and the plants didnt like it to much.

HI

Beautiful tank & discus what water are you using is it RO WATER :)

Please advise i am in the process of starting up a new discus planted tank & want
to do everthing the right way from the begining

cheers

abdul

Back