• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My First HDR

Dan Crawford

Founder
UKAPS Team
Many of you would have seen the sky last night? It was awesome so i jumped out of the car and took a few shots. My fist time trying HDR and i kinda like it. I did a panorama too, i'll put it up later. I'd probably crop the bottom off but i thought i just give you a true representation of what it looked like. I can't help but think that i could get the same results without HRDing it? I suppose in better light or with more practice i could have kept more of the foreground but it's a first try. Let me know what you think...
Picture7.png

Booom.

Such a great time of year for sunsets.

How about putting the non HDR up to see the differance? I think contrast and shadows could do the same thing?

Nice one for getting out mate!

if that last images was a little brighter, and was a large file, I'd hang that on my wall gladly! potentially stunning. different too.it's so damn moody.

real ....contemporary?....think that's the right word.

saintly said:
if that last images was a little brighter, and was a large file, I'd hang that on my wall gladly! potentially stunning. different too.it's so damn moody.

real ....contemporary?....think that's the right word.
Thanks mate! :oops:

I'l brighten it up a bit and see if it keeps the same "mood".

PS, it's 120MB and i do large format printing :lol:

With help from curves and some minor exposure adjustments it looks like this.
It's funny what other people see, i never thought about it needing to be a bit brighter but your dead right, much better IMO
Picture4-2.png

Sorry Dan, but I really struggle to appreciate HDR images. :thumbdown:

Dave.

stuworrall said:
i perfer that last pano dan but then Im biased to panoramics :) Looks very nuclear!

how many stops difference were you using between the different pics?
Cheers mate, I think it was two but i'll have to check...

Back