• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Critique my aquascape My First Iwagumi Scape

Yanee

Great colours, healthy plants. Looks great! Well done!
In my new 35l low tech tank I have Hemianthus micranthemoides and cuba. In few days they grow so fast, might a carbon(1,5x), might the white-blue light. Also yesterday I gave some fertilizer, as usually I put in my tanks once a week.

ricardodarmali

Day 88 updates, it is getting closer to what I had in mind in the first place, couple more weeks before trimming the carpet and adding faunas.. :)

Meanwhile, I have started another tank, this time nature style in 90P, I will create another thread!

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-28 at 20.47.55.jpeg

ricardodarmali

Thanks mate @SDIESEL77 ! I have gradually increase it now to 70% intensity at the peak to make my rotalas grow faster, but I still do 6h photo period and only supplement the plants with Neo root tabs FE and NPK which came free with the soil.

The tank is growing in beautifully! I just started following your nature scape and it would appear you have a real nack for scaping!

I noticed your test kit looks very easy to read, what is it? I purchased a fluval kit and had to actually send my results to the manufacturer as they were next to impossible to interpret.

Aqua360

Thanks mate @SDIESEL77 ! I have gradually increase it now to 70% intensity at the peak to make my rotalas grow faster, but I still do 6h photo period and only supplement the plants with Neo root tabs FE and NPK which came free with the soil.

I've found a 6hr photoperiod to work well also across a broad spectrum of lights I've tried. In the absence of PAR testing and whatnot, have found it a good go to in avoiding algae yet maintaining healthy plant growth.

ricardodarmali

Thanks @christinecrites ! It's a hobby I picked up due to the pandemic to keep my mind at ease, turns out not bad at it :) lucky to find this forum to start up with, lots of info no joke..

I am using the API freshwater master kit, I believe it should be available in your LFS, I bought it for 780k IDR/~53 USD (I heard they are lot cheaper in the States), one of the most basic and versatile kit from what I read around forums, YouTube etc, maybe you should get one.

ricardodarmali

I would agree with you mate @Aqua360 , from my experience so far, start off with 6 hours and 60% intensity (on both Twinstar 600s and Vivid 2) and gradually increase the intensity (not the photo period yet) by far the best method I have tried... Also I start my co2 2 hours prior to lights on.

Thanks @christinecrites ! It's a hobby I picked up due to the pandemic to keep my mind at ease, turns out not bad at it :) lucky to find this forum to start up with, lots of info no joke..

I am using the API freshwater master kit, I believe it should be available in your LFS, I bought it for 780k IDR/~53 USD (I heard they are lot cheaper in the States), one of the most basic and versatile kit from what I read around forums, YouTube etc, maybe you should get one.
Awesome! Thank you, I can definitely get my hands on one! I fell into this hobby fairly recently as well and find myself spending all my free time learning whatever I can about it and questioning why I didn’t go into Environmental Biology lol!!! I love this forum and the aquarist community in general! It’s been sooo rewarding!

Neb@@

Ricardo, great scape, I just found this thread :)
Can you update on fertilization and light intensity? Did you start to add ferts to water column?

Thanks,
Neb