• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my aquascape My First Nature Style Aquarium [90P]

Very nice tank mate , just an advice about your skimmers position.
It faces the lily pipe, thus there is no circular movement around.
I am not telling you that this might or will cause problems but it isnt optimal.
Nice depth , great plant variety, keep up the good work!

This is gooooooorgeoussssss!! Amazing harscape and looks even better planted 😍😍😍 Can't wait to see it when it's grown in more!

Very nice tank mate , just an advice about your skimmers position.
It faces the lily pipe, thus there is no circular movement around.
I am not telling you that this might or will cause problems but it isnt optimal.
Nice depth , great plant variety, keep up the good work!
Ah yeah indeed I am aware of the skimmer position, it should be on the far right corner, but there are rotalas under that particular spot, I thought the skimmer would be in the way once they grow taller so I move the skimmer just across where the lily pipe is..

Thanks again mate @Aqua360 !

Okay some update on Day 23 - finally the tank is cycled!
pH: 6.6
Ammonia: 0.0
Nitrite: 0.0
Nitrate: 5.0
TDS: 82 ppm
Water change 20%

Planning to put some livestocks in probably the day after tomorrow, will do parameter tests tomorrow to confirm if it's fully cycled.. I am considering to put 3-4 SAEs in first to see how it goes..

Day 23.jpeg

A quick update on day 30 - I have put 3 SAEs earlier last week and they have been adapting ok and.. Lush greenery so far as well! Photoperiod have been extended to 7 hours, 30 mins ramp up and 6.5 hours on 'Fish' settings - it take about 73 watts of power consumption.

I had to remove rotalas on the right side because they didn't get enough light so they are dying away, replaced them with amazon swords, hope it will grow ok.

Also for safety measure, I had to install cling wrap on the left and front side until the SAEs are really settling in, I had incident of 2 SAEs jump outside the tank in the past, just 2 days after I put them in :oops:

Day 30 - Front.jpeg

Day 30 - Left.jpeg

Day 30 - Aerial.jpeg

Last edited:
Indeed! It serve as a good temporary solution until they settle in :) I think it works for more sensitive livestocks such as Amano shrimp as well, which is infamous for jumping out of the tank in settle in period..

Back