• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My First Planted Tank (The End) Juwel Rio 125

Re: My First Planted Tank "Never Ending Journal" Juwel Rio 1

Been trying to photograph these rainbows but they are so small and move so fast that is almost impossible!!

Best efforts for now! Need to try it with the wireless flash!

Thanks for looking :)

LondonDragon said:
Been trying to photograph these rainbows but they are so small and move so fast that is almost impossible!!

Best efforts for now! Need to try it with the wireless flash!

Thanks for looking :)
I love rainbow fish!

I think we just might have started the new fish-fashion here, Paulo. ;)
Cool images - I just love when males show off... (not in that way of course) :)

Many thanks guys :) I will try and get better photos, those are not even average!

keymaker said:
I think we just might have started the new fish-fashion here, Paulo. ;)
Cool images - I just love when males show off... (not in that way of course) :)
Yeah they are stunning, I might get some more if these settle in well :)
Problem is they are small!! Even my Amano shrimp are bigger than them! lol

Some bad news I am afraid, last night got home from work and found 7 amanos dead, 1 Harlequin and 1 Threadfin Rainbow, not really sure what happened as all the other fish seemed ok, initially thought a CO2 overdose as I had some problems with the FE the day before but was not sure.

Anyway I did a 70% water change and this morning all seems well, won't leave the house today to monitor things closely :bored:

gutted for you mate!
Hope you dont have any more losses? Do you think it was a CO2 spike?

andyh said:
Do you think it was a CO2 spike?
Not sure really, if it was it would have affected all the other fish I would assume, and not sure how that would have happened either as the CO2 bottle didn't finish. It's possible the other fish recovered by the time I got home, but still strange if it was that how it happened, and really can't explain anything else. :bored:

I dunno, but how clean is your tank? I know your tanks been running for many years maybe it's just due a good clean?

Garuf said:
I dunno, but how clean is your tank? I know your tanks been running for many years maybe it's just due a good clean?
I don't think is anything to do with that mate, I give it a good clean at every water change, use the Koralia pump to blow everything up in the air from the mass of plants in the corner and also from the substrate before starting to pump the water out, filter cleaned once a month.

No I guess not then, that sounds a really good clean to me. :/ Pretty much baffling!

,i wouldn't say it were cleanliness, especially with paulos tank.

paulo, these fish are wonderful looking!

Garuf said:
No I guess not then, that sounds a really good clean to me. :/ Pretty much baffling!
Yeah strange one, good thing only lost a couple of fish, shame about the amanos, going to add some cherries in there at the end of the week.
saintly said:
,i wouldn't say it were cleanliness, especially with paulos tank.
paulo, these fish are wonderful looking!
The threadfins are wonderful fish, have to wait and see if these settle in and if I don't have any more issues and then I will defiantly get some more. the only fish I want swimming about in my tank will be the threadfins, will re-home the two harlequins.

So far today everything looks good and the fish are very active as normal!

i've often been tempted by thread fins. i may get some next tank

have you quarantined the threadfins?

could it be that they have brought something in with them......

I still think was a CO2 issue as I had some issues with the FE the day before, strange I didn't see much wrong with the other fish, I performed a 70% water change and turned the CO2 right down and slowly bring it up again. Better be safe than sorry.

Back