• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My First Planted Tank (The End) Juwel Rio 125

Re: My First Planted Tank "Never Ending Journal" Juwel Rio 1

saintly said:
The tank looks so natural paulo. I nice amount of pearling to mate :thumbup:
Thanks Mark, that what I am trying to achieve, my tanks just evolves from one scape to the next over time as I try new plants etc... I do love the pearling :)

verchap said:
that video is fantastic, the tank looks kind of carefully chaotic and mesmerising
Many thanks, I don't follow any scaping guidelines, I do what pleases me and work with what I have at the time, tank is not looking its best, the carpet as suffered a lot since installing the Aquamedic 1000 reactor, as I had to turn the CO2 right down and increase it slowly to prevent poisoning the fish. I have it at a decent level now so hopefully the carpet will start to thrive again.

Many thanks for the comments :)

Some photos taken today, the threadfins are impossible to photograph let alone catch them displaying their fins :(

Full tank shot:
pict0151a.jpg

Threadfin Rainbows:
pict0113fb.jpg

pict0123v.jpg

pict0076z.jpg

pict0134pk.jpg

pict0137h.jpg

Moss at the back-middle of the tank:
pict0112t.jpg

Stems pearling:
pict0107b.jpg

Where the tank sits:
pict0205o.jpg

Pixie being naughty!
pict0193p.jpg

Thanks for looking, comments and critiques always welcomed :)

Attachments

• pict0134pk.jpg
    pict0134pk.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 144
  • pict0137h.jpg
    pict0137h.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 151
  • pict0107b.jpg
    pict0107b.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 323
  • pict0193p.jpg
    pict0193p.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 206

Great selection of pictures the greens are very vivid! i really like the in-situ pics! Love the pic of "Pixie" with her tongue out! Top knotch!

Really nice and lush. In-situ pics are also very welcoming. Great "never ending tank" :thumbup:

Thanks guys :) think since the install of the Aquamedic 1000 CO2 reactor that I finally managed to get the balance right.

Also managed to get the Aquamedic SP3000 dosing pump working properly, all you need to do is place a non return valve before it goes into the pump and one right after, I actually place two in each side of the pump this prevents the liquid going backwards when the rollers in the pump are in the vertical position. Just make sure you test this once in a while to make sure its working in case one of the non return valves gets clogged.

Inspiring photos as always, Paulo! Must be great to sit on that coach looking to all that beauty. Threadfins are still the best little fish, I have to get some with this quality for my tanks.

can i just ask what the stems are?

a vague guess a C.balansae?

Nick16 said:

Potamogeton gayi i think.

Vito said:
Looking really good LD, keep it up.
Thanks Vito :)

keymaker said:
Inspiring photos as always, Paulo! Must be great to sit on that coach looking to all that beauty. Threadfins are still the best little fish, I have to get some with this quality for my tanks.
Many thanks mate :) these threadfins are truly amazing just love them, now they are on their own with a couple of ottos, with no other fish in the tank they graze about much better than before, the harlequins used to chase them.

Nick16 said:
Neil is correct they are indeed Potamogeton gayi (love this plant) :)

George Farmer said:
Excellent 'scape and photos, Paulo! I love your evolutionary style. :D
Thanks George :) its just keeps on evolving.... lol

This may sounds crazy mate but you know what I'd do to that 'scape? Rip out the entire foreground and right hand side and go for an open space with nice sand/graded gravels! :woot:

It would make the best triangular layout I've seen in a long time!

George Farmer said:
This may sounds crazy mate but you know what I'd do to that 'scape? Rip out the entire foreground and right hand side and go for an open space with nice sand/graded gravels! :woot:
It would make the best triangular layout I've seen in a long time!
Does not sound crazy at all George, I have been thinking about that since the carpet is looking a bit of a mess at the moment lol thanks for the suggestion, I might eventually do something like that, easier maintenance too hehe

Go for the sand foreground! I agree with George and think it'll look amazing! :wideyed:

russchilds said:
Great photo and I love this tank. Looks brilliant!! :D
Many thanks :)

It's getting a bit like Triggers Broom this, at what point do you say, yeah it's not my first tank anymore?

Looks great as always, the best scape the tanks seen for certain.

Garuf said:
It's getting a bit like Triggers Broom this, at what point do you say, yeah it's not my first tank anymore?
Looks great as always, the best scape the tanks seen for certain.
Cheers Gareth, but it still is the first tank and the first scape, just one scape evolves into the next lol I will stop calling it my first planted tank when you guys buy me an opti-white! lol

Back