• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My First Planted Tank (The End) Juwel Rio 125

Re: My First Planted Tank "Never Ending Journal" Juwel Rio 1

Quick shot with the compact, this is how the tank looks tonight!

p1000732s.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Very nice mate. Wonderfully lush with all the greens.

The left hand side is excellent in terms of the combination of textures and forms. The foreground and right hand side look a little flat in comparison, but overall the layout is very good!

Looks Stunning, And the Threadfins really Suit the Overall Effect.

gorgeous mate.

I'm with George, the left side is wicked! The right is good too.

chilled84 said:
Fantastic, Whats the plant in the back right, Its interesting.
Cheers, that plant on the right is Potamogeton gayi, there are closer shots of it in the previous pages.

Mighty healthy! Really does looks so nice. I can't wait to have some of that P. gayi it's such a nice highlight of a plant.

It is my favourite plant at the moment, but it is very co2 hungry, any slip ups and it just starts melting away.

Yeah a lot of the nicest plants are like that, though I don't suppose it matters if you're getting a good mist. Do you know it's light demands? Are you still running 4 tubes over this tank or have you stepped it back a touch?

This looks amazing. A triumph.

LondonDragon said:
Quick shot with the compact, this is how the tank looks tonight!

p1000732s.jpg

Thanks for looking!

This looks wonderful. I really like that open swimming area for the rainbows over there on the right.

Wow. I think this tank has to be my favourite tank. It's been going so long, and had so many good scapes in it's time. What are your long term plans LD?

hydrophyte said:
This looks wonderful. I really like that open swimming area for the rainbows over there on the right.
Many thanks, the whole idea of the V shape was to allow the rainbows space to swim, also the reason I removed the L Aromatica from the right hand side as it was becoming too over powering, the P Gayi is nicer and finer and easier to keep under control.

Lisa_Perry75 said:
Wow. I think this tank has to be my favourite tank. It's been going so long, and had so many good scapes in it's time. What are your long term plans LD?
Many thanks Lisa, you were also one of the first to comment on it many moons ago. The idea was to replace this tank with the 500l L shaped tank in its place viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1283 but that turned out to be very costly and also I would not be able to take it with me once I decide to move. So I am thinking about replacing the rio with a 120x45x45cm opti-white in the future, when that is going to happen not sure, but I am happy just evolving this tank further, I like long term scapes and the tear down and starting all over does not appeal to me.

How the tank looks today after some heavy pruning:

pict0302c.jpg

Thanks for looking, uploading a video also, which I will post later.

Thanks for looking.

Paulo, whats the yellow fish above the spray bar?

Back