• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My First Planted Tank (The End) Juwel Rio 125

Re: My First Planted Tank - Juwel Rio 125

Great idea, but why don't you simply make a premix up with water?

And don't try telling us you bought the scales just for this :lol: ;)

JAmesM said:
Its easier just to dose the dry ferts than to premix them, for me anyway. and yes I did buy the scale for this LOL

LondonDragon said:
JAmesM said:
Its easier just to dose the dry ferts than to premix them, for me anyway. and yes I did buy the scale for this LOL
Yeah, yeah. I believe you ;)

JAmesM said:
Yeah, yeah. I believe you ;)
Guess having white powder underneath the tank is always a good hiding place! :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JAmesM said:
I'm going to stop now, before we're all busted :wideyed:
They will be knocking on your door soon enough ;) :D :D IT WASN'T ME! IT WASN'T ME! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LondonDragon said:
Was measuring my 3 week supply of dry ferts and thought I would take some photos to see how I do mine, might be usefull for others, little circle containers were purchased at MUJI, brought 4 sets think it costs £2.49 each, so ended up with 2 sets of 9 containers each, which dosing 3 times a week lasts for 3 weeks. I measured and each can take up to 15 grams.

pict0009yv6.jpg

pict0010pp0.jpg

Photos of the tank next weekend, made some changes to the plant layout to include the new plants from Tropica and also added a couple of others that I purchased at a local LFS.

Girlfriend came home at the weekend with a red Siamese Fighter (Betta Splender), wasn't really keen on one but what can I do, she did like the idea of the shrimp only tank and backs me up in the 500l project! ;)

More soon :)

Hi London Dragon,

Can you tell me where or what is MUJI? Also are you just tipping these dry ferts straight into the tank? If so is there any benefit of doing this over mixing with water and adding wet ferts?

Thanks,

Steve

REDSTEVEO said:
Hi London Dragon,
Can you tell me where or what is MUJI? Also are you just tipping these dry ferts straight into the tank? If so is there any benefit of doing this over mixing with water and adding wet ferts?
Thanks,
Steve
Hi Steve, Muji is a oriental shop the you see in every coner of London nowadays found the item on the online store: http://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?V=1 ... =304&CHK=Y its £1.95 for the pack of 5, when you join two packs together you loose one pot so you end up with nine and a single.
Yeah I just tip the dry ferts into the tank, benefits well its easier than making mixes and measuring ml per day and stuff, for me anyway. I asked about that and many people do the same, think Clive does that too. Works the same way as the mix you make so IMO its a waste of time making the liquid mixes. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the link, handy that :)

How much are you weighing out for each dose? I'm following Clive's EI dosing on my 20gal, and I'm about to start dosing on my 45gal.. Are your scales 0.1 or 0.01 increase? I'll have to look for some on ebay...

JAmesM said:
Thanks for the link, handy that :)
How much are you weighing out for each dose? I'm following Clive's EI dosing on my 20gal, and I'm about to start dosing on my 45gal.. Are your scales 0.1 or 0.01 increase? I'll have to look for some on ebay...

Macro: KN03 (2.4 grams 3x week ), KH2P04 (0.6 grams 3x a week) e K2S04 (0.6 grams 3x a week)
Micro: Trace Mix from AE (0.6 grams 3x a week) e MgS04 (4 grams 3x a week)

Both mixes are dosed on alternate days. I also add 5ml of EasyCarbo per day and a 50%-70% water change weekly.

Scale was purchased on ebay and measure per 0.01 up to a maximum of 500g

JAmesM said:
Thanks mate, great info :)
I just checked its 0.1g not 0.01! search for "Pocket DIGITAL Scale" and you will see loads. Paid a tenner inc postage for mine over a year ago.

LondonDragon said:
REDSTEVEO said:
Hi London Dragon,
Thanks,
Steve
Hi Steve, Muji is a oriental shop the you see in every coner of London nowadays found the item on the online store: http://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?V=1 ... =304&CHK=Y its £1.95 for the pack of 5, when you join two packs together you loose one pot so you end up with nine and a single.
Yeah I just tip the dry ferts into the tank, benefits well its easier than making mixes and measuring ml per day and stuff, for me anyway. I asked about that and many people do the same, think Clive does that too. Works the same way as the mix you make so IMO its a waste of time making the liquid mixes. Hope that helps.

Cheers London Dragon,

I might give this ago when I have used up my current supply of premixed ferts. Can we use another name instead of "ferts" :oops: I can't help associating it with another word that sounds similar :lol:

Hi Guys,

Last night the football was boring so I decided to do some work on the tank, cleaned the front glass that I hadn't cleaned in about 3 weeks and trimmed some plants. Last Saturday I purchased some plants also which I can't remember the names now so I will post the names of those later on. The plant on the right hand side (Limnophila) as taken a very big trim yesterday so looks a little low now, it will grow back up in a couple of weeks.
Other than the couple of extra plants added not much as changed really, its just growing very well, and the glosso is getting thicker by the week, didn't realyl want to go through the pain of replanting it again but looks like I will have to do it sooner rather than later.
Enough tank and here as some photos :)

Full Tank Shots:
pict0047dp2.jpg

pict0076er8.jpg

Moss wall looking good also:
pict0079rl1.jpg

The glosso:
pict0018ze0.jpg

pict0019xw4.jpg

Other shots:
pict0011tv3.jpg

pict0066gp6.jpg

pict0069hj7.jpg

Never had much success with hair grass, so thought I would give it another go:
pict0045ck8.jpg

Comments and critics are always welcomed :) thanks for looking

johnny70 said:
One word;
BEAUTIFUL
JOHNNY
Thanks :) forgot to mention that now my spray bar is very nicely camouflaged by the moss wall :lol:

Paulo, just use curves scissors and trim the glosso just like mowing the lawn. It's a bit messy obviously and it will look garish for a while but it grows back. No need to rip it out. All carpet plants can be kept in check this way.

Cheers,

Back