• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My First Planted Tank (The End) Juwel Rio 125

Re: My First Planted Tank - Juwel Rio 125

Very nice thank! What is the red crypt called in the right corner of the pictures?
Best,
fandango

fandango said:
Very nice thank! What is the red crypt called in the right corner of the pictures?
Best, fandango
From what I can understand its "Cryptocoryne undulata" but I could be wrong, I got this plant a long time ago, even before I decided to make the tank full high-tech planted.

Trimmed the glosso today, its spreading pretty nice, not going to let it get too thick again thats for sure ;)

Some photos of my fish:
pict0022jj5.jpg

pict0021sf7.jpg

pict0049dr1.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Couple more, was just messing about with the camera, trying a few things since its playing up and took these:

pict0108xu0.jpg

pict0098yj3.jpg

Looks pretty cool when the neon is on, and you can see all the pearling in the tank.

LondonDragon said:
Looks pretty cool when the neon is one, and you can see all the pearling in the tank

woohoo, ice ice baby. thats how the "predator" see's :lol: good to experiment LD

im digin that red fish too, kinda fancy.

mark

Thanks Mark, the red Betta Splender is pretty nice, but I am not sure if it fits well with the tank, the girlfriend got it for me since she likes them, I couldn't really say no take it back to the LFS lol ;)

Another shot of the beast (like chasing the Rainbows about):
pict0058pr2.jpg

And one of my Apisto :)
pict0005cg8.jpg

Cheers

STUNNING! pictures LD, really beautiful.

I'm sure its somewhere, but what cam and lens you using?

Loving the the fighter and apsito's :D

JOHNNY

johnny70 said:
but what cam and lens you using?
Thanks Johnny :) I am using a Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro lens

Just a quick update, after 4 monhs my CO2 bottle is running out, so it will be time to try a FE for the first time, going to be interesting that ;)

My glosso is filling in nicely, almost covered the front now, I prunned it at the weekend and now have new shoots going everywhere, here a quick photo:

pict0187xg4.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

SteveUK said:
Looks lovely and lush :)
Thanks Steve :)

aaronnorth said:
anubias is looking great, how do you get the blyxa that high?
Cheers, it just grows that high, blyxa is a bit like a stem plant, if you don't prune it and replant it, it just grows taller, at least it does for me lol

Took some more shots today, did a water change yesterday and gave things a good prune. Nothing much has changed, just letting things grow, have reduce the lighting back to 4x24w, think the 6x24w was a bit too much.
Been slacking a little on the EI dosing and water changes, so have noticed some algae, will do another water change mid week to get things on track.

Here some shots of the tank:
pict0026ki8.jpg

pict0065vy9.jpg

pict0039lo0.jpg

Comments and critics always welcomed :)

Many thanks guys :) I like the right with the L. Aromatica and the center is looking good, now have mid plants too but I hate the right hand side now lol any ideas on a nice plant for the right? small leaves that will look great in a bunch??? keep in mind that the internal filter is still there too, so not much room. Otherwise I might just try l. aromatica in the right too.

Back