• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My First Planted Tank (The End) Juwel Rio 125

Re: My First Planted Tank - Juwel Rio 125

JAmesM said:
What about Bacopa Australis?
Don't really fancy that one, doesn't look like it bunches well from the photos I have seen of it.

aaronnorth said:
micrantemum micranthemoides (what i have in my tank) Takes a while to get nto a nice shape but it is just strating to go nicely now.
Not a fan either, not easy to grow that tall from what I have seen, or I might be wrong!! thanks for the sugestions guys ;)

Personally, I would try Didiplis diandra. However, looking at it now, even a small piece of wood with Bolbitis heudelotii could look quite cool.
Tank looks ace by the way. :D

nice scape

how long have you had this set up?

what camera do you use to take your pictures and do you have any extras on it for close up shots?

Ark

Fred Dulley said:
Personally, I would try Didiplis diandra. However, looking at it now, even a small piece of wood with Bolbitis heudelotii could look quite cool.
Tank looks ace by the way. :D
Thanks for the sugestions Fred, going to MA tomorrow to pick up my Cardinal Sulawesi shrimp for my shrimp only tank and will see whats available there, and thanks for the positive comments.

Ark said:
nice scape
how long have you had this set up?
what camera do you use to take your pictures and do you have any extras on it for close up shots?
Ark
Many thanks Ark, I have this tank for a few years, but only over the last 18 months I have dedicated it to plants, I only installed the pressurized system 4 months ago. Since then made a couple of major changes as you can see in my blog.
I use my old Konica-Minolta 5D with the kit lens for general shots and a Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro lens for close ups. None of the photos in this journal were taken using any close up filters, I do own the close up filters but only used the macro lens on its own for the shots here.

Good luck with the Sulawesi's Paulo.

Can't wait to see pictures of them. Also, if you don't mind... some more pics of your apistogramma would be great 8)

a1Matt said:
Good luck with the Sulawesi's Paulo.
Can't wait to see pictures of them. Also, if you don't mind... some more pics of your apistogramma would be great 8)
Will do ;) been lazy lately as not much as happened in the tank, and just posting pics of the same stuff kinda gets annoying for everyone LOL

Just a word on the sulawesi, I've read up and apparently they like there water like rock and a ph of 8+

Garuf said:
Just a word on the sulawesi, I've read up and apparently they like there water like rock and a ph of 8+
I have done my research too and someone is breeding them with PH 6.4 and also someone else is breeding them together with CRS, so looks like its not really a necessity!

Some photos of my fish :) since someone asked for more photos of the Aspitos :)

pict0089rv2.jpg

pict0095vb4.jpg

pict0103al6.jpg

pict0117nl3.jpg

And the Betta:
pict0119oz0.jpg

wow, that photo where its mouth is open is amazing! is that a male betta?

Thomas McMillan said:
wow, that photo where its mouth is open is amazing! is that a male betta?
Yeah was lucky to get that shot in, came out ok which is suprising lol It is a male betta, more photos on previous pages! cheers

do the apistos ever bully/chase any of the smaller fish...
if they open theyre mouth like that infront of a harle raboras i think hes have quite a shock

LondonDragon said:
Some photos of my fish :) since someone asked for more photos of the Aspitos :)

That would have been me! Great pics, thankyou very much :D

Stunning :wideyed: Beautiful apisto's you have there mate, really nice

aaronnorth said:
amazing, you can even see some of it's bones
Its one of those shots that happens out of the blue cause you have the camera at hand ;)

Ark said:
do the apistos ever bully/chase any of the smaller fish...
if they open theyre mouth like that infront of a harle raboras i think hes have quite a shock
The Apistos don't bully anyone, but the betta does keeps chasing the rainbows about. Too fast for it though!

a1Matt said:
That would have been me! Great pics, thankyou very much :D
You welcome, I will try and get some more at some point ;)

johnny70 said:
Stunning :wideyed: Beautiful apisto's you have there mate, really nice
Many thanks :)

Kind of liked these two shots that I took today so:
pict0130oa1.jpg

pict0131em4.jpg

:)

Congrats, Paulo! I've been reading your blog for a couple of months now. Your tank was in fact one of maybe a handful to inspire me in setting up my own planted nano tank and a Juwel Vision 260.

I was wondering about your "glosso-trimming-vow" :) - of not letting it too thick and rot at the end. You also mentioned trimming it on Aug. 15. How did you do that? Do you cut the runners and uproot some plants or you trimmed the ones that just grew too high?

My second question refers to your 60L shrimp-tank (please don't blame me for not posting it there). You said CO2 and PH below 7 is not good for shrimps. I can understand the PH requirement, but do you think my red cherries will suffer if I can keep the PH at 7.2 and keep adding pressurized CO2 - now at about 20mg/l ? Other water parameters: KH 9-10, GH 16, Nitrate 10 mg/l, Nitrite 0, Ammonia 0, Temp.: 26-28° C. I also add Easy Carbo and TPN+.

Back