• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My First Planted Tank (The End) Juwel Rio 125

Re: My First Planted Tank - Juwel Rio 125

Bad news, dead fish all over the place and the moss wall falling apart and the L. Aromatica in a bad state, the Blyxa breaking up! Maybe something I have forgotten too....

here the tank as it stands now!

pict0183bz2.jpg

Better days to come I am sure!!!....

Aw that's such a shame. What fish do you have left now?

I'm sure in a couple of weeks time all of the plants will have grown masses and you're tank will be looking as good as ever.

Oh man, feeling the pain. Such a shame.

Thanks guys, fish I have left are the 10 Harlequins, 2 Rainbows, Betta and a 4 Ottos.
I have the moss in a bucket and I have a spare mesh to recreate the wall, so might redo it today or just leave it like that and see, still trying to decide, as to why the fish died I have no idea really, they were fine and eating one day and dead the next, very weird. The only thing that changed was the addition of 3 Ottos 2 weeks ago but they seem fine.

The fish dying may have been due to lack of O2 did they die over night

nrwatson said:
The fish dying may have been due to lack of O2 did they die over night
Always have run an airstone during lights out.

Thanks guys, things are looking good for the rest of the fish and the water is very clear and the oddor of dead fish is gone, removed most of the plants to give them a wash too. I have now recreated the moss wall with some new stronger meshes, I kind of liked the wall and it was one of the features in the tank that made it stand out so I put it back, the previous wall was built with a small mesh and at every water change it kept falling off, so now its totally recreated.
As to the fish I will leave it like this for now, won't get any more fish in a while, hate seeing fish die really sucks when that happens so going to concentrate on the plants for now.

I love the moss wall too! :D

Paulo have you gone for a single sheet of mesh and sewn the moss on again, or opted for wedging the moss between two sheets of mesh?

I was sad to read about your losses, but am glad to hear that the tank sounds like it is stable now.

Matt I didn't sandwich the moss between two meshes, I don't like that and takes an eternity for it to look half decent, like this its already looks complete, I will post some photos later this evening.
Not having great luck with my pets this week, found a problem in the eye of my dog yesterday too and have to take it to the vet this evenning and hope is nothing serious!

oh poor dog, things comes in threes! I have days like that. Fingers crossed nothing for a while now!

oh no, poor dog. I hope he\she makes a quick and full recovery.

Thanks for the messages :)

aaronnorth said:
if she needs treatment probably so will your wallet after :?
Good luck
I have her insured since I got her at 4 weeks old, so not worried about that, and would rather sell the tank and spend the cash on her ;)

Then buy a whole new setup twice the size...

Just to let you guys know, just got back from the vet and its all good, false alarm ;) now that new tank I am after for my Sulawesi.... (the more tanks I have the more fund I will have when I sell the stuff lol)

Back