• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My First Planted Tank (The End) Juwel Rio 125

Re: My First Planted Tank - Juwel Rio 125

Lovly photography (as ever) of the Glossostigma flowers.

Mark

Thanks guys, bad news today though :( :(
Yesterday was tweaking my CO2 and setup it a little higher thinking today I would be home and monitor it.
Thing is got woken up this morning as I am on call from work and had to go in, only returning at 6PM .
When I got home some of the harliquins dead :( and all other fish struggling.
I am not sure how many going to make it, but I have stopped the CO2 and started two air pumps in the tank.
Forgot completly I had set the CO2 higher when I left this morning in an emergency now afraid I will loose all my fish.
Hate when this happens :(

Ah, that sucks mate.
I had a BN plec once suffocating from high CO2(on her back and everything), however she recovered fully when I ran an air pump in there.

sorry to hear that LD. I did the same after my recent blackout. took off the covers and ramped upt he co2 as the drop checked was bright blue. a couple of hours later the fish were on the surface and the singel shrimp in there was swimming on the bottom on his back :( Good news was i ramped up the surface flow and put the shrimp in my spare tank and I can now report he's fighting fit!

Thanks guys, some good news after all, after catching all the struggling fish and placing them on a temporary tank with a couple of air pumps going, this morning they were all doing great, in the end only lost two harlequins which is not bad considering the state I found the fish in. The rainbows were of a weird colour and their eyes covered with a white film, the ottos not moving, the harlequins spinning around in circles, the clown pleco upside down, the only one that didn't seem to be affected was the Betta. But now they are all back in the tank doing pretty well, I will leave the CO2 off today to give them a break.

Horrible when that happens. Best thing to do is take out enough water to let filter outlet crash on to the water surface.
It pumps in oxygen.

Quick video of the tank I did this weekend, quality is not great and became even worse after the upload :(

Anyway here it is:

Thanks for looking :)

Cool, I think the 'shape' of the scape is the best it has been so far. I like how it's close to the glass far right, goes in where the wood is and then the plants get gradually lower and slightly closer to the front again as it comes to the left. Nice one!

Thanks Thomas :)

Just a quick update, yesterday I was ripping out some moss to send to a couple of forum members and the wall just fell apart, son I have decided to remove it and leave the tank without a wall for while, it was high maintnance as it caught a lot of stuff in it specially at the surface so its gone now and also my emersed glosso saw its last days in the tank too.
Also changed the way the powerheads circulated the water around the tank so now I get a good movement all over even at the back. So hopefully things start getting back on track again, was having some growth and algea issues.
I still think I need to invest on a proper external filter for this tank, but I will wait and see for a couple of months how this turns out.

All those mosses have gone into the shrimp tank, what a feast the shrimp are having, after a couple of hours I could already notice less algea on them. Red Cherries are great algae eaters. Anyone want some? I have hundreds now lol

Photos when things settle in ;)

Need some pics of how everything is going. I love my small fleet of cherries, got any spare i'd love some more.
Joy

joyous214 said:
Need some pics of how everything is going. I love my small fleet of cherries, got any spare i'd love some more.
Joy
Thanks, hope you enjoying the cherries ;) here a photo of how the tank is looking now, needs a lot of work and I am thinking of changing the substrate in the Xmas holidays, ADA Aquasoil is the choice, will see if I can pull it off or not.
Since I have minimal fish stock now and plants need shifting about would be the ideal time to do it.

pict0115eb5.jpg

Thanks for looking

They are doing so well. Festing on the alge im battling with and so active. amazing. sit watch them for hours.

Do you want to come round and rescape mine? anyone. Im not the most green fingered person in the world.

Back