• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My First Planted Tank (The End) Juwel Rio 125

Re: My First Planted Tank - Juwel Rio 125

Well until I get things ready for the next scape I will just keep this one going for the plants and some tests :)
The L. Aromatica is looking much better now, I have controlled the CO2 better and now working on the ferts.

pict0148de5.jpg

pict0154nm3.jpg

pict0161vq9.jpg

After a tidy up, here how the cabinet under the tank looks:

pict0132rs4.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Tourney said:
How's the auto dosing pump working out LD? Very interested in setting up something like that. Have you had any problems with it?
At the moment I am just doing a test with water, on top of the tank I have a measuring cup to collect the water, I have set it to dose 1 minute per day, half an hour before lights on, I am going to leave it for a week to see if it always doses the correct amount. Still waiting for a couple of things to create my all in one solution ;)

Oh ok, interested to know how you get on with it. Where did you buy it for £30, is it second hand? Cheapest i've found is about £44 brand new, plus postage.

Tourney said:
Oh ok, interested to know how you get on with it. Where did you buy it for £30, is it second hand? Cheapest i've found is about £44 brand new, plus postage.
Secondhand on ebay, its the cheapest I have seen it, and I have been looking for a few months. Three months old and came with a spare hose, boxed and all.

The second one looks interesting as you can actually set the flow you want. I read a lot and quite a few people recommended the Aqua Medic pumps, reason I purchased it. Seems to work well, only time will tell.

Did you have to find a timer that does seconds for this auto dosing, if so, where did you get that from? The second pump i found will cost about £54 just for the shipping, so i think i'll stick with the sp3000, depending on how you get on with it ;)

Tourney said:
Did you have to find a timer that does seconds for this auto dosing, if so, where did you get that from? The second pump i found will cost about £54 just for the shipping, so i think i'll stick with the sp3000, depending on how you get on with it ;)
I did some tests and one minute doses 40ml so I am basing my all-in-one solution on that. Just to make it nice and easy ;)

hey LD, i showed my wife the inside of your tank....she says "can you come around to my house and sort mine out?"

mine looks like a bombs hit it :lol:

very tidy my friend.

saintly said:
hey LD, i showed my wife the inside of your tank....she says "can you come around to my house and sort mine out?"
mine looks like a bombs hit it :lol:
very tidy my friend.
Hehe thanks, I like everything tidy in the house, too tidy most of the times LOL
If you come over to setup my next scape I will come over and tidy up your cabinets! LOL

saintly said:
:lol: deal....and the house right?
Haha now you asking for too much! Guess I would have to bring your opti-white after I finished then! :p

Tourney said:
Looking good Paulo, Limnophillia coming along nicely :D What sort of moss is that?
Thanks, its Fissidens Fontanus

nice to see the ottos have a nice plump belly as opposed to the underfed ones you initally get from the lfs.

Nice Oto. You just need to up the F-stop to get more of it in focus.

samc said:
your aromatica looks really nice i bought some from plants alive and it was all stem no leaves
I find that L.A. doesn't take well to pruning and transport, but given enough ferts and CO2 it'll look good in no time.

YzemaN said:
I find that L.A. doesn't take well to pruning and transport, but given enough ferts and CO2 it'll look good in no time.
It doesn't travel well at all, I got mine off Clive (ceg) and some of the stems completly melted, the ones that escaped did very well as you can see, it does need a lot of CO2 though, when I was running CO2 a little lower it really struggled, nows its picking up again also needs a lot of flow into the stems low down or the leaves just melt away too.

Back