• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
When a berried females eggs hatch I use a mixture of genchems biozyme and baby biomax mixed up in water in a dish and then use a pipette to scoosh the mixture around the tank as the baby shrimp don't move much in the first few days/week so can simply starve. You only need a small amount as you don't want to spoil your water quality. you could try crushing the biomax into a powder instead of buying the smallest size of biomax.
Cheer Lindy, will give it a try... how long would you say egg's take to hatch i noticed the berried females about a week or two ago...

4 weeks to hatch I think. I wouldn't deliberately raise your tds higher if your gh is 5 then I'd stick there, as long as the tds in or around 160

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Your certainly not wrong about 'Clado' collecting crap it really doesn't long to get covered, it also bloody difficult clean

I use a turkey baster and an old tooth brush to clean mine. use the tooth brush to sweep it and the baster like a hoover!

Nice tank, like your ideas.:)

Hello All,

Further to my recent posts, today i notice the first shrimplets... :D

Here a few quick shots i took today, as they so small quite difficult to get a good photo.

NWAkUEc.jpg
NmiaRsK.jpg

So far i have only counted two, but could be more hidden away. As soon as i notice them i used the feeding method that Lindy (Ldcgroomer), crushing the shrimp food into a powder mixing in the tank water and using a pipette to swoosh the mixture around the tank to hopefully ensure they starve.

Finger crossed they survive!

One question thou, today is my typical maintenance day for my shrimp, should i leave a couple of days before cleaning out tank? I'm a little afraid they I'll accidentally suck them up as i clean the tank! Any advise regarding tank maintenance when you have shrimplet would be gratefully received. :)

Cheers

Well done!

I use a Turkey Baster for water changes in my shrimp tanks and I'll check the bucket for any shrimps that are sucked up every time I place water in there. I tend to not feed my shrimplets purposefully. I will add leaf litter and alder cones in the tank a soon as I see berried shrimps on top of the ones that are already in the tank. This will allow of leaves time to start degrading and for micro-organisms to grow on for them to feed on. I often worry about over feeding when I attempt to feed the babies along with the adults. The tank itself should already have a decent amount of food for the shrimplets.

Well done!

I use a Turkey Baster for water changes in my shrimp tanks and I'll check the bucket for any shrimps that are sucked up every time I place water in there. I tend to not feed my shrimplets purposefully. I will add leaf litter and alder cones in the tank a soon as I see berried shrimps on top of the ones that are already in the tank. This will allow of leaves time to start degrading and for micro-organisms to grow on for them to feed on. I often worry about over feeding when I attempt to feed the babies along with the adults. The tank itself should already have a decent amount of food for the shrimplets.
Thxs Micheal, I pretty new to shrimps, i didn't think i would get shrimplet so soon, (1.5 months since adding to tank) so forgive if I'm been a little over very excited in my feeding...lol Need to get me' self a turket baster...:)

Congrats on the shrimplets! You could just syphon out some water and put a shrimp net over the tube opening. Basil was the one who recommended feeding shrimplets and I've always had a good survival rate.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

That is fine with your feeding, try to find something that works well for you, that is the most important. And go get that turkey baster! It is one of the most useful tool for a planted tank, it can help you clean spots which a siphon might not reach and collect fish eggs, catch fry, you name it! May I also suggest the toothbrush too ;)

Congrats on the New arrivals.:)

Good news Steve, i wouldn't over think it too much, as long as you have powdered food ( just sprinkle in the tank) and some old leaves in the tank you should get good survival. The parents are apparently pretty smart and drop eggs where food and cover is available.
Do maintenance as normal, small Water change and lightly wipe glass, that's all. IMO the less you do heavy maintenance that we are used to with planted tanks the better. If you see two you can be sure there are another 20 or so hiding :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back