• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My Fluval Flex 57L

Jayouz

Welcome to my little journal for anyone that's interested!

I had a little play around with plants in a tank a few years ago and decided I wanted to setup a proper tank but that never happened, a while ago I bought my flex and finally got it setup!

The tank was planted Thursday last week (04/01/19)

Tank: Fluval Flex 57L
Lighting: Stock LED light
CO2: Pressurised fire extinguisher with bazooka atomiser
Substrate: Pool filter sand 0.5-1.0mm with Tropica plant growth underneath
Filter: Chamber 1: 3 x Different grade sponge, Chamber 2: 500ml Seachem Matix 200ml Reef carbon
Fertiliser: EI Dosing

Lighting period is 6 hours, CO2 is on 3 hours before lights on and goes off one hour before lights off.

Plants

Foreground:
Marsilea Hirsuta Tissue Culture - Tropica 1-2 Grow!

Midground:
Bucephalandra Red
Cryptocoryne Wendtii Tropica
Hottonia palustris

Background:
Hygrophila Pantanal Wavy
Hygrophila pinnatifida
Murdannia keisak

20190404_204144.jpg

The tank seems to be going nicely at the moment, I'm doing a 60% water change twice a week.
I haven't checked water parameters but living in the south I already know I have hard water!
The only plant that seems to be struggling is the Murdannia keisak but it got beaten up pretty badly in shipping,
the rest of the plants all seem to growing very well, plenty of pearling going on as well. :thumbup:

20190410_200744.jpg

I'm just setting up one of these too. It's my Dad's replacement for his Fluval Edge.
What do you think of the flow rate Jay. Do you think it is a bit powerful for a male Betta?
I'll look forwards to reading this journal, thanks for starting it.

Back