• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My latest aquarium

mattyc

I just thaught i would post up some pictures of my latest aquarium.
I have tryed to apply aquascaping to a plantless fish tank and this is what i came up with. hope you like it.

Tank spec,
Aquariums ltd rimless bracless opti-white aquarium 36x18x18 in
Aquariums ltd cabinet in oak with black edgings
Teratec EX1200 filter 1200 l/h
Aqua one 500 l/h filter (when i get some lilly pipes for it)
External heater
arcadia classic luminair
Unipack Zambezi Sand
TGM bluestone 25kg
TGM graded gravles
Lake malawi cichlids

Image0196.jpg

Image0197.jpg

Image0199.jpg

(edit for tank size)

thanks for your nice comment. :D

I was a little unsure about that rock but i needed to make a bit of a hiding place for my large Synodontis eupterus catfish.

i planned to have the rock the other way up but it just didnt work realy showed where the rock had been worked.

the tank is 36x18x18 inches about 170L

I have got to get this tank on PFK because i may get into the readers tanks section, stranger things have happened!! :D

George Farmer said:
Nice one! I really like it. :D
Cheers George :D

I am glad people like it and it is realy nice to these comments from the people who have made the tanks that have inspired me!

well this tank has lasted a long time, one of my cichlids has done a rescape for me by digging all the sand from under the rear rock :mad: which i have had to reposition so it dosent fall on the glass! :thumbdown: i will post up a picture of the fish's rescape when i find a camara!

mattyc said:
well this tank has lasted a long time, one of my cichlids has done a rescape for me by digging all the sand from under the rear rock :mad: which i have had to reposition so it dosent fall on the glass! :thumbdown: i will post up a picture of the fish's rescape when i find a camara!

haha, sounds like my tanganyikans, i have neolamprologus multifasciatus, they re-arrange everything! its soo funny to watch them though, mine spit feaces at each other too :lol: :wave:

nice tank :)

I personally think more rock is needed though, though it is personal preference, as long as they are happy :D

i did think i could have put more rock in there but this rock cost well over £80 as it is!! and the fish are verry happy and there is no agression at all which isnt like cichlids.

My local pets at home had a jack dempsy in thir cichlid tank (i was after some yellow labs) and they said i could have it because it was trying to eat all their smaller fish. so i thaught free fish that looks good so i put it in my tank, all the fish are happy so it can say!

Then there is no point in changing something that isnt broken :D

WOW, never knew that the rock was so much!

Would be nice to see any progress you make on this tank too :D

Lovely tank - I really like the rockwork, if the cichlids'll leave it alone. The end-on shot looks really dramatic. But I've got to ask - does:
...i have put the tank in our hall and that is the view i get every morning when i wake up...
mean you're sleeping in the hall? What in heaven's name did you do to deserve THAT?! :lol:

i can see into the hall from my bedroom, the rock is starting to get algae on it which is makein it look more like the natural enviroment these fish come from. i will update with a new photo later on with the rescape carried out by the fish :twisted:

Thanks

Back