• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

My low tech shrimp nano cube

aec34

New addition in the shape of a rehomed anubias. The shrimp swarmed round it like I’ve never seen before to munch on the algae - which makes me wonder if I need to start feeding them.
ED7A0A06-33F8-4665-BC09-2138133D815F.jpeg

aec34

Moss monster removed. Took the plunge and took the arch-y bit of bogwood out, tied moss to it and replaced, then added another bit of mossed spiderwood. Feels a bit bare somehow, but shrimp don’t seem to mind too much. Photo a bit washed out colour-wise.
232BF495-0765-42B9-A887-7ECD6F981309.jpeg
Pleased with the overall effect :)

And I’ve started feeding the shrimp pellets/nettle tops since I’m sure they’ve started nibbling at my floating plants 😬 There are a lot now from my original 11 of 6 months ago.

aec34

6 and a bit months old 🥳
AD854965-7889-4F34-9B35-9992493EAA92.jpeg
Weekly maintenance is a quick glass clean with the toothbrush, and around 5 litres water change. I’m less annoyed by the internal corner filter given how wonderfully quiet and neat it is compared to the alternatives.
Plants seem to be growing a bit quicker with the supposedly warmer weather, esp the rotala which went in a couple of months ago. There’s something quite easy-going about this tank now.
Bacopa Beanstalk in the front corner might have to be felled, but I’m curious to see what it’ll do if it makes the surface.

Aqua360

It's really nice to see a bedded in nano, with thick growth and a growing shrimp population, good job!

jamila169

Hopefully mine will get as bedded in as this one eventually, I just got the tank and the filter from Charterhouse because Pro Shrimp didn't have any 30s in stock, which was a shame as they're from the next village and their unit is about 10 minutes drive away :( I'm hoping they reopen and have some livestock soon because I want to use local suppliers as much as I can

Aqua360

Hopefully mine will get as bedded in as this one eventually, I just got the tank and the filter from Charterhouse because Pro Shrimp didn't have any 30s in stock, which was a shame as they're from the next village and their unit is about 10 minutes drive away :( I'm hoping they reopen and have some livestock soon because I want to use local suppliers as much as I can

I like proshrimp, I've found the owner Sebastian to be very helpful