• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My New 15L Opti Nano Nº1

Re: My New 15L Opti Nano

hi
i have just purchased one of the aqua essentials 12"x10"x8" tanks of ebay.
they said all is needed to be done is a silicone tidy up.
how did you manage to get such a straight line on yours, looks like you did a excellent job there!!
ill post mine up soon when or if i manage to get it looking THAT good lol.
any tips or advice on this tank and things to get for this size?
cheers
chris :)

bumcrumb said:
hi
i have just purchased one of the aqua essentials 12"x10"x8" tanks of ebay.
they said all is needed to be done is a silicone tidy up.
how did you manage to get such a straight line on yours, looks like you did a excellent job there!!
ill post mine up soon when or if i manage to get it looking THAT good lol.
any tips or advice on this tank and things to get for this size?
cheers
chris :)

I used one of these:

knife.gif

I just placed it against the glass and run it up and down the sides, the silicone left is the thickness of the knife. Just be careful that these knifes are extremely sharp.

OK, i think my mother has a few of these (ha ha don't ask!)
what light did you get in the end? i thought about the clip on lights but i wouldn't be able to fill the water to the very top.
have you got any new pics of your tank at the moment?
cheers for the help!
:thumbup:

I haven't done much with this tank yet, at the moment its just holding some cherry shrimp.
I purchased a hang on filter for the tank and a light unit that doubles as my computer desk lamp and also my nano lamp when I am not using it.

This is the light unit (11w): http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/30018560

and what it looks like in the tank:

pict2912.jpg

pict2910.jpg

I want to do something with the tank, just haven got around to it yet, soon enough its going to be full of mosses.

Very nice indeed, can I buy some shrimps please?

Saintly has a nano?! :woot:

saintly said:
nice paulo. my nano has upside down wood too....the manzi stuff. perfect for nano's
Thanks Mark, its actually a tree branch I picked up in the local park while walking the dogs.

Garuf said:
Very nice indeed, can I buy some shrimps please?
Saintly has a nano?! :woot:
Yeah I have over 100 available now, PM me.

Well a few weeks later and a lot of mosses later, here is how the tank is looking:

Few days ago during feeding time and before shipping out some of the reder shrimp:
pict3099.jpg

Few shots today:

Full tank
pict3247.jpg

Cherry on Coral Pellia
pict3259.jpg

Assassin Snail
pict3314.jpg
pict3131.jpg

Various shots:
pict3348.jpg
pict3343.jpg

pict3334t.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Attachments

• pict3334t.jpg
    pict3334t.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 78

Nice Paulo, as you know I'm a fan of the moss factory look! How do you get your shrimp to stay red, I've got dozens of white 'uns only a few of the nice red ones....

Yeah, coral pellia is the common name of mini pellia, riccardia.

the snail is an assasain snail mate, they dont eat algae. they eat other snails.

skeletonw00t said:
Nice set up mate! I like the snail - are they good algae eaters?
As Luke already mentioned they are assassin snails and I got them because the tank is getting crowded with pond snails, so added 4 of these (thanks ghostsword) to see if they keep the population in check.

SteveUK said:
Nice!
That coral pelia looks interesting mate, any more info?
Don't know much about it to be honest, but you can some already mentioned the scientific name, Living Waters has been selling this for a while, I got this bit about 3-4 months ago but I had it in the shade in the shrimp tank and it was not growing much, took Darrens advice yesterday from LW and put it in the nano where it will get more light and nutrients.

TBRO said:
Nice Paulo, as you know I'm a fan of the moss factory look! How do you get your shrimp to stay red, I've got dozens of white 'uns only a few of the nice red ones....
Hi mate, I keep the shrimp that way by a lot of selective breeding, I got rid of all the not so good shrimp and been keeping the best on a separate tank, also every time I see some nice reds on any shop I buy some to had to my collection to improve the gene pool. Its a slow process and there are still some not so good coloured shrimp, but you can't have 100% success rate.

Thanks everyone :)

Some photos I just took of the shrimp the Nano, been messing about with the flash.

pict0014zo.jpg

pict0010f.jpg

pict0007ys.jpg

pict0005au.jpg

pict0002uv.jpg

Should have cleaned the glass!! oh well lol

Thanks for looking :)

All I have to say is that seeing it in the flesh is even more impressive.

It was nice to have a nice espresso with Paulo and view the shrimps eat :)

I like that second shrimp shot. It makes me think of Christmas time.

Back