• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My New 15L Opti Nano Nº1

Hi all,
I imagine its used to being quite dry.Can it tolerate wet conditions ok?
Yes it wasn't to go in the filter, I have it sticking on a bamboo cane in one of the orchid pots in the bathroom. It doesn't have any roots so it needs a humid atmosphere, but it doesn't like getting wet (I mist it). I started with one strand, but over about 5 years it has built up.

There used to be a huge "pillow" of it in the "Princess of Wales" glasshouse at Kew, hanging of the branch above the pond in the humid tropics section (last time I was there the branch had gone). I should have a picture somewhere.

cheers Darrel

Looks like an interesting plant.
Might be a nice one for riparium folks.
I can imagine it hanging above there tanks to make there displays even taller.

Tank is way over grown now and in need of a large trim! Might take a full tank shot later on, for now one of the nice reds in it, which have been separated for selective breeding, to try and better the colours.

pict0351s.jpg

Thanks for looking

Thanks George :)

Paul I just perform a 60% water change every two weeks, this much cause I only have cherries in there and they don't really care. On the other nano its a different story due to the species in there.

I have been dosing some micro and macro recently to see if there is any benefit and things just went crazy on me lol the mosses grew much faster. I might revert back to no dosing as I do prefer it to be less of a pain to maintain.

Back