• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Journal My New Filter and Pond - Lots of pictures

[/quote]IMHO your best bet is to build the pond deigned for koi and then other fish will love it too. I look forward to the pics mate and will try and help best I can! The first thing I'd do is upgrade the filter pretty seriously if you want to improve things as those box filters tend to clog up a lot and need a lot of cleaning! I know a few DIY filter designs that don't cost too much to make and are dead easy to clean. I'll have a look which will be best for your site in the new thread.[/quote]

OOHH that sounds good ED, about the DIY filters, will you/did you post them on here?

Think I posted a couple of links but will dig them out again and post here.

Basically though you just need waterproof containers of some sort and then some way of containing the K1 (it gets through any gap less than 6mm or so!!!) and air pipe to move it around for cleaning. I might start a new thread on here about pond filters...

Ed Seeley said:
I might start a new thread on here about pond filters...
Do it! It's something i'm into at the mo, trying to clear my pond for the BBQ :oops:

LondonDragon said:
You need to post some updated photos too Ed :)

Will do mate. Will try and get out there with my camera today once I've got all my boring jobs done inside!

Cough Update well overdue Cough.

Love this pond/water system. I showed the OH and he said it was lovely but clearly a swimming pool not a pond.

Lisa_Perry75 said:
Cough Update well overdue Cough.

Love this pond/water system. I showed the OH and he said it was lovely but clearly a swimming pool not a pond.

Lol! This isn't a swimming pool, my next one will look just like one though, 5,000 gallons and the same shape - just no blue tiles though! Or peeing in the pool! lol!

Will try and take some more pics but it's all still looking the same really!

Just been given a link to this Thread ..very nice water feature you have there..Is it still running...I see the last post was 2010..

After reading again i see youve moved...

It's all still running well thanks guys. Will try and remember to take some photos when I'm over my folks next time. Future plans are to convert the filter on this pond to run on air like my new pond as it's much more efficient. We will keep the skimmer running on a pump to power the waterfall though on a separate circuit from the bottom drain and K1 filter.

What do you think of the Eric filter system Ed,I must say it takes all the hard work out of filter cleaning...

never even look in this section , should of earlier . thats is a real thing of beauty .

Back