• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My Newly Planted Tank (4weeks old)

Peter F

I have been trying to upload an image, I hope this has worked!
590028123_5GYcJ-XL.jpg

Regards: Peter

saintly said:
the link certainly works.

nice tank too. there's a good feeling of depth within :D

Thanks for the comments.

Your in-line url does not work because of an invalid syntax. This must be a link location which references a *.jpg file

The proper syntax is.
Code:
http://peter40blue.smugmug.com/photos/590028123_5GYcJ-XL.jpg

When the image button is used correctly it appears thus:
Code:
[img]http://peter40blue.smugmug.com/photos/590028123_5GYcJ-XL.jpg[/img]

The image will then display correctly:
590028123_5GYcJ-XL.jpg

Cheers,

Thanks for the information. However. I am still a little confused.
I can see the changes you have made to the URL to make it work.
How should I do this in the future, do I have to manually change the URL address to match yours?
Of course with a different JPEG.

Peter F said:
Thanks for the information. However. I am still a little confused.
I can see the changes you have made to the URL to make it work.
How should I do this in the future, do I have to manually change the URL address to match yours?
Of course with a different JPEG.
Well, using the techniques brilliantly pioneered by the great Sherlock Holmes, I clicked on the link you provided in your OP, which took me to the hosting page. That URL is only the webpage with the image embedded. It is not the actual location of the image. I right clicked on the image and selected "Copy Image Location" and then pasted it into my post. Popular image hosting sites, such as those mentioned, typically have an information bar which provides the image link locations automatically. In you case I guess it's just a matter of right clicking the image. A good clue that you have found the correct image location is when the url contains the *.jpg.

In any case, I love what you've done to the back wall. It gives the tank a very cozy feel.

Cheers,

Dan Crawford said:
Thats a nice looking tank, looks deep as heck! Can we have some stats please?

Dan,

The tank is a Juwel Rio 180 (litres) with T5 lighting. Filter is an Eheim external 2324 Pro (thermo filter). C02 is D and D 100 bubbles per minute giving around 20 ppm. Plants are Tropica with Tropica capsules embedded at the roots where appropriate. Plant feed Tropica Nutrition Liquid 5 mls daily dose and TP Nutrition + at weekends. Substrate plain gravel.

Lighting on six hours per day, C02 on 1 hour before lights on and off 1 hour before lights off.

25% weekly water changes. Background off the roll from Tropical aquarium retailers. Livestock: 10 Cardinals, 10 White Clouds, 10 Lemon Tetras, 4 Columbian Tetras, 6 Corydorus and 2 Whiptails. Clean up crew 3 Ottos for algae control.

There are areas of green spot algae and some of the plants still show signs of phosphate deficiencies but I am concerned about overdosing with the fertilisers at present. Still trying to find my feet! I have kept fish for over thirty years but aquascaping is new to me.

Kindest Regards: Peter

saintly said:
so thats a background with plants on it?....

Mark, yes that is correct. The background gives a very good depth and feel. I only support the background top and bottom and don't worry about it being close to the glass, I think this adds to the realism.

Ali G says: "Oh wow, major loss of respect I'm afraid." :wideyed:
Saintly just fell off of his chair and his computer just blew 5 million transistors. "Unrecoverable error" it reports.
Immediate forfeiture of all accrued bonus points.
Considered cheating by the Japanese Aquascaping Gods: カンニング (pronounced: kanningu)
The Swahili Aquascaping Gods describe it as: "Bad juju....Very bad juju...."
Greenpeace considers this a crime more heinous even than whale hunting.
The Security Council members will have to vote on whether to issue ban at the G8 summit.

Cheers,

Peter F said:
The background gives a very good depth and feel. I only support the background top and bottom and don't worry about it being close to the glass, I think this adds to the realism.

it certainly adds to the realism :p and amazingly, you've fooled me into thinking it was real! unfortunately , i just don't get it.

how about swapping it for a load of real plants? rotala sp for example?

ceg4048 said:

:lol:

saintly said:
Peter F said:
The background gives a very good depth and feel. I only support the background top and bottom and don't worry about it being close to the glass, I think this adds to the realism.

it certainly adds to the realism :p and amazingly, you've fooled me into thinking it was real! unfortunately , i just don't get it.

how about swapping it for a load of real plants? rotala sp for example?

ceg4048 said:

:lol:

Mark,
It's not a question of trying to fool anyone, as you will see from one of my previous posts I am totally new to aquascaping.
Hence the amount of posts I have made requesting advice. However, I have been keeping fish for over thirty years.

I am in the process of adding more plants to the background and expect the back of the tank will not be seen for much longer.
Unfortunately, there are no aquatic shops in easy reach to me, the closest being a 140 mile round trip and they have a very limited stock.
So mail order is the only real option, this makes the choice of plants difficult and unpredictable of the sizes you receive.
The back ground was only added as I thought this would be better to look at rather than wallpaper while the plants establish themselves.

Thanks for the recommendation on the Rotala I will look into it.

Kindest Regards: Peter

Peter F said:
t's not a question of trying to fool anyone, as you will see from one of my previous posts I am totally new to aquascaping.

i'm a ware of that mate :D i think i speak for a few, when we thought it seemed like absolute brilliance the illusion of depth you'd created with real plants.

anyways, you can consider many stem varieties that will do well in your tank. ludwigia sp. rotalas and Hygrophila sp. to name a few.

Back