• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My one of the firsts scapes 'Edgeless Madness'

Re: My one of the firsts scapes 'Edgeless Madness' (01.02update)

thats growing in well,glosso looking good.lovely looking shrimp ;) :lol: .
have you tried spot dosing the staghorn with easy carbo.

Re: My one of the firsts scapes 'Edgeless Madness' (01.02update)

Thanks Nelson,
Its just about 3 days since i started to battle the algae, and yes i am trying to spotdose but its the whole carpet thats covered so really hard to spotdose.
Since pressurized has been added and water changes increased i think it should go away. If it wont help i will reduce the lighting to just 15w for a few days.
Somehow i am feeling pretty confident about the staghorn, will see though. Anyway i am almost happy it came as the tank isnt big and it will give me more experience with algae :D

Re: My one of the firsts scapes 'Edgeless Madness' (01.02upd

Will close the topic now. For people who watched it. Its a pity that i was not able to properly complete the scape. Was away for 2 weeks in march and my friends wouldnt feritilize the tank so algae took over. Came back and instead of fighting algae i decided to let it stay for education purposes just to see what happens. The other reason beeing that i had to move houses in april which got posponed to may. The shirmps loved it and thanked me breeding like mad. Fished out about 600 cherries from 60l :woot: in 2 months. I really liked the hardscape though and will definetely come back to this scape one day in the future ;) Will include the last picture later today.

That's a shame, had lots of potential. What reg and CO2 source did you use ?

That was the cheapest setup i could think of. Try to beat 100£ for the whole setup ;) including lights filtration pressurized co2 substrate fish and plants and ferts... and the tank itself :thumbup:
CO2 mono reg cost 15£ from the far east from ebay. Fire extinguisher 7£. Was quite happy with the reg, it did what it was made for. The needle valve was quite hard to adjust but managable.

Used cheap mono regulator from china on this one. 15£ including postage. It has built in needle valve (crap to adjust but manageble) There is a tutorial in a tutorial section about FE co2. This tank is alive now with completely different scape and will be shown when and if grown in properly to avoid starting and not finishing a journal again.
I cant advise you on how to split co2. I'd probably concentrate on how to get a good flow and distribution from one source rather than splitting it. Havent done a tank of the size you will be starting.

Back