• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
You could make a stream
2w2IgkR_zpsa2792d26.jpg

Maybe extend it a bit more to the left foreground.....but it's just to give you an idea

You could make a stream
Maybe extend it a bit more to the left foreground.....but it's just to give you an idea
Hello Martin, for the suggestion, i like your suggestion, I'll put some thought in to it!

Very impressive - well done.
Thanks for the positive comment... :)

If you ever have any spare Ammania cuttings Steve... :rolleyes: :D
No Probs. Rob will let you know next time i any spare, actually only recently trimmed, so might be a while, thou.

Where did you get this inlet with skimmer?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
Was just about to ask the same question aliclarke :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The Glass inflow Surface skimmer was purchase off ebay:
Glass inflow Surface skimmer | eBay
Actually show it being used in Jimmy Dales tank - here a link to his journal: Little underwater garden. | UK Aquatic Plant Society
Like i said it really working a great, you can control the volume of water entering the skimmer by simply turning the dial on the bottom. I was a little concerned about buying glassware from HK but item arrive very quickly and undamaged. If you have a issue with surface film and want to maintain the minimised look i cant recommend it enough.

I would also like to add, that since installing i not had issue with shrimp or even fish entering the skimmer, as i have read about those using the Ehiem surface skimmer, the openings in the skimmer are to small to let fish or shrimp to enter. Looks a lot better too. :)

cCRBQXy.jpg
ZxyCkhC.jpg

To be fair i was considering getting the Ehiem device but re-considered after reading the issue people were experiencing.

Do you know how big the internal drop is? My tank is only 12" deep :( looks like its rather large and I probably wouldn't get the skimmer in the water:rolleyes:

Can't believe I already bought a cascade glass inlet for over 30 squid ready for the new tank lol

Should have waited...

Do you know how big the internal drop is? My tank is only 12" deep :( looks like its rather large and I probably wouldn't get the skimmer in the water:rolleyes:

Hello Aliclarke, mine measures just over 10" (inches) from top of sucken cup and bottom of inlet, the skimmer adjust to the water level. So depending on depth of your substrate you might actually be able to install. i have teh 16/22 version. I wanted to installed at the back but my substrate was to high at the back.

Thanks Steve I don't think I would fit it in as substrate is close to 3 inches at the back and 2 at the front. I would end up with a filter full of dirt. Darn I guess I will have to deal with the eheim.

Another new tank, will you be doing a journal Rob? :)

Probably will mate, got two to set up actually ;)

Low tech ADA mini M almost ready to go, and a custom 80x40x40 optiwhite that i need to build the cabinet for yet (and will replace my Roma125 eventually) so some time yet.

Enjoying growing various plants algae free in the Roma just now, should give me some stock for the new tank ;)

Probably will mate, got two to set up actually ;)

Low tech ADA mini M almost ready to go, and a custom 80x40x40 optiwhite that i need to build the cabinet for yet (and will replace my Roma125 eventually) so some time yet.

Enjoying growing various plants algae free in the Roma just now, should give me some stock for the new tank ;)
I look forward to reading your journey!:)

Fantastic...you've struck the right balance. I think you just need to maintain it as is...I'm gona have to think about getting one of those Twin Stars, at the very least they're becoming an essential Iwagumi accessory.

Fantastic...you've struck the right balance. I think you just need to maintain it as is...I'm gona have to think about getting one of those Twin Stars, at the very least they're becoming an essential Iwagumi accessory.
Thxs Troi, the twinstar has certainly made maintenance a breeze...:p

Lovely scape! I don't know, how did I manage to miss this! The health of the plants is superb!
Thxs Antoni, loving your Wabi's considering doing one myself this year.:)

Back