• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My P@H Cube

Tom

Just thought I'd get a couple of pics up of my P@H cube. It's the 15l one, all standard equipment with an AquaEl mini heater. I'm dosing TPN+ every so often, with a tiny bit of Easy Carbo. Substrate is an old ADA Amazonia and Power Sand mix, under Congo Sand.

The Bolbitis is looking a bit ropey at the moment, but hopefully it will sort itself out in time. Staurogyne is surprisingly OK. The fighter seems pretty pleased with himself, buzzing around :)

IMG_3753.jpg

IMG_3749.jpg

IMG_3764.jpg

That tank is so cool :) I like the contrast between the betta and the green of the plants. I've been looking for planted fighter tanks for inspiration so this has been good to see.

Looks lovely Tom
I really like when people so betta tanks properly :)

Cheers

Luis, the light is pretty Dim but I'm going to give it a try and see what it can grow. The moss and lotus seem to be doing fine, so we'll see. The filter is crap, I'll be honest! To get it running I have to remove the sponge part and give it a tap. It's very weak with the spray bar on, it looses a lot of flow.

The CO2 has just been Easy Carbo so far, no gas. I'll probably keep it that way.

Cheers,
Tom

Quick updated pic :)

IMG_4028-1.jpg

The Bolbitis is very slow, but it is throwing out some new leaves. I trimmed all leaves off from one rhizome just to see how it would respond, and I can see a tiny new leaf uncurling.

IMG_4033.jpg

The Moss is growing well - quicker even than in the Mini M. I have noticed that moss tends to do better in areas of less flow, and this tank does have very low flow for the Betta's benefit. It's creeping well along the wood, and will be trimmed soon.

The old Staurogyne leaves are going brown as they did in the old Mini M setup. I'm still not convinced it's diatoms - it doesn't appear on any other plant except stems from what I can see. Even Anubias. The light is so low too I doubt it would trigger diatom growth that quickly.

Tom

Back