My Planted Discus Tank !!!!

jh81271

looks like h/z to me
thanks for the xtra pics jeff.Everything looks so healthy!
I always thought h/z looked a bit spindly and fragile so i have never considered it before.Having seen it in your tank though you have changed my mind!.
many thanks
jason

JazzyJeff

john starkey said:
Hi Jeff,lovely setup mate,just one question do you anything special to your water,regards john.
Hi John my water is a mix of RO and HMA water its about 70%RO-30% Hma gives me softish water at about 250ms as the discus that are in the tank are German Stendker fish that are raised in harder water !!!!!!

samc

ur tank looks great love the discus i tried them once take alot of looking after urs look great well done

Cyworld

Nice tank and beautiful discus.
When you first got your discus did it eat properly?
How did you get it to eat?

glenn

hi, i love your tank and wonderfull plant growth. i just read you use a fx5, im wondering if i should get one and wanted to ask what you think of it.
atm im swaying more towards a tetra tec ex1200.

JazzyJeff

Hi Glenn FX5 is working well silent as a mouse and excellent power output in regards flow, you also have a lot of filter area ..... freind of mine has the tetra tec on test at the moment and reckons its a bit noisy !!!!!

Steve Smith

Hey Jeff, gorgeous tank. Truely stunning! Quick question about the mercury lamps. I'm hopefully getting a couple of 125w MV pendants, and I'll need to get some new bulbs for them I think. What bulbs are you using with yours? (and where do you get them?! :lol:)

Again, absolutely jaw dropping tank mate :)

mzm

Great tank and nice discus!! Well done!!

I love Stendker's. Have two and should be getting two more soon.

GOSEANY

Love the tank, is the key to keeping Discus in the planted tank to get them fully grown mature fish??
Thanks.
Sean