• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My Planted Discus Tank !!!!

JazzyJeff

Heres a snap of my planted discus tank, I think I have finally sussed how too host pics so here goes !!!!!!
This is an old pic of the tank I will update with a newer one if this works !!!!!
jazzysplanted1zz3.jpg

hi jazzyjef .your tank looks fantastic
if you dont mind me asking what plants have you used
many thanks jason

Nice tank, perfect discus set up... has this been featured on PFK site? swear I've seen it before. Real nice.

Whats the spec of the tank though fella?

Good centrepiece amazon sword there too.

You are correct guys, my tank was featured in PFK in October 03 and is still on their site I believe
The tank is 6x2x18" holds 510l
Lighting is 2x 125w MV pendants
Filtration is Fluval FX5
CO2 Hobbyfish Unit with JBL Diffuser
I am currently using the EasyLife range of ferts and am getting good results from them
Substrate is Dennerlle Deponit mix but this maybe changing too Tropica when I get the chance as I feel the Dennerlle is almost depleted as its been in their since Feb 03

Main fish are obviously the Discus but its also home too about 40 Garnet Tetras, a breeding shoal of Silver Tetras, Bristlenoses which have also multiplied in number and "Clownie" the Clown Loach who is atleast 10 years old !!!!!

hi jazzyjeff
just another post to find out about what plants you are using for foreground and background
they look fantastic.Iam thinking about rescaping again and the effect of the plants you have is just what i am looking for
I have tryed to get access to pfk oct 2003 to glean more info but to no avail can you help!
many thanks jason

jh81271 said:
hi jazzyjeff
just another post to find out about what plants you are using for foreground and background
they look fantastic.Iam thinking about rescaping again and the effect of the plants you have is just what i am looking for
I have tryed to get access to pfk oct 2008 to glean more info but to no avail can you help!
many thanks jason

It was featured in 2003 mate thats why you wont find it in 08
You can search on the site under "Discusjockey"
As for the plants in the tank I have
Echinodorus Magdalensis(carpet)
Echinodorus Grandiflorus (large plant out top)
Echinodorus Bleheri
Echinodorus Rubin
Heteranthera Zosterifolia is the stem plant at he back I think !!!!!!

thanks for that jeff
had a feeling magdalensis was your forground plant but i wasnt sure.looks impressive!
didnt think your background plant was zesteflora though {looked more exotic than that in photo} Ithought it was a plant i had never seen before!.What a beautiful plant !.I new about pfk 2003 my mistake.
thanks jason

hi once again
Ithink i should of said Heteranthera Zosterifolia LOL {what a plonker}LOL.
thanks jason

Heres a better pic of said plant, I might be wrong in what I think it is, its been in there a while and not sure were I ordered it from originally, Its an awesome grower though, I have too trim it often !!!!!
plant33fr0.jpg

Back