• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My planted tank

skeletonw00t said:
Hi All,

It seems I am still getting a bit of algae in my tank. I have to clean the glass quite frequently + my rocks have started to clear up a bit but now there are dark algae patches appearing on some.

I already dose 5ml of easycarbo + 10 ml TPN+ daily.

My lighting period is for 8 hours and my drop checker is pretty much yellow.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Any picyies of the offending algae - I see you have put your lights back up to 8 hrs.

Regards
paul.

Hey Skeleton,

To enable us to answer some of your questions more specifically can you give us some tank and equipment specs

i.e

Tank size/volume
Lights Type and watts
Filter Size
Fert Regime
CO2 system
etc

Can you describe or provide photos of the algae your experiencing, have you had a look at James Algae guide?

We should be able to help. I think your first port of call should be to reduce your light period. We will be able to tell you more once you give us the specs above. :thumbup:

Nice scape by the way!

andyh said:
Hey Skeleton,

To enable us to answer some of your questions more specifically can you give us some tank and equipment specs

i.e

Tank size/volume
Lights Type and watts
Filter Size
Fert Regime
CO2 system
etc

Can you describe or provide photos of the algae your experiencing, have you had a look at James Algae guide?

We should be able to help. I think your first port of call should be to reduce your light period. We will be able to tell you more once you give us the specs above. :thumbup:

Nice scape by the way!

AndyH.

Please find attached previous thread regarding attached of algae.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9791&start=0

Personel view its down to too much light, taking into account the amount of plants within the tank 8 hrs is to much.

Regards
Paul.

skeletonw00t said:
Hey,

I have done 2 things:

1. Put my lighting down to 6 hours

2. Taken out the rocks and scrubbed them all spotless :) here is a picture below:

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/2633/bestk.jpg

What are your thoughts?

hey skeleton if you click the img button when posting a picture and then post your link in between
its shows the pic in your post. Like so:
bestk.jpg

Skeleton

In that other link i cant seem to find your setup specifications

normally when looking at Algae problems its vital that we know the following:

Tank specifications - size/litres.
Lighting - T5/T8/Wattage - Daily photoperiod.
CO2 - Pressurised/DIY/None.
Filtration - Filter/LPH rating.
Fertilisation routine - EI/All in one product/PMDD/None etc.

You could have one of 3 types of algae as i see it, without more info v hard to clarify

Your setup looks fairly new so i suspect your filter is still maturing so they is a good chance of fluctuating ammonia levels. I also notice that you have had a TMC co2 Aquagrown in there they only really work in smaller tanks and arent that effective and I know your dosing 5ml of easycarbo but how big is the tank?

Your right the first place to start is light, then it should be are you getting enough CO2 and is it stable throughout the tank and then nutrients.

once you get it right Alage will stop growing on your hardscape. :thumbup:

Back