• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My plants are turning brown and black need help

Piyathat

Seedling
Hi guys after 2 months of green and healthy plants my Monte Carlo start turning brown and black as shown in picture what is the cause of this what can I do to prevent this.

Co2 = 6 hours
Light = 5 hours

Last 2 week I went on a trip and had a massive algea outbreak which made the plant turning dark. What can I do to prevent this issue? I don't have water testing kit so I don't know about the water parameter.

87559574_10156540326492134_8553078515560349696_o.jpg

Add ferts if not already. Water changes, up co2 clean up tank , get rid of all dead organics. It will turn around just give it time.

Any fertz that you recommend? and it often have the green algea on the aquarium glass can easily remove just scraping, I do water change every week...

It appears you don’t have really any stem plants mostly carpet plants. You wont have to go crazy with the fertilizer but it would absolutely help. Maybe Thrive, or some root tabs, I would pull all algae you can. So more water changes a week. Up you co2. Raise or dim the lights for now. As I said it just takes time.

Back