• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My Private Island - 240l tank

Re: 240l tank rescape (name coming later)

Wow I can't believe I've missed this thread, just my type of tank the sharks impressive too.

Cheers guys :D

A bit of an update. Replaced the green eheim pipes to glasses. Pimped up my tank cabined with an ADA stamp :thumbup:

So here it is as it looks now

before the maintenance.... vallis looks crazy here :D

4317810323_5a97900008_b.jpg

after the maintenance

4319438490_4f124fb33f_b.jpg

got a pair of new resident too :shh:

4309264162_47d81e2177_b.jpg

Viktor

This tank is truely world class, the latest pictures are fantastic!

I really like your plant selection they really compliment each other well.

The glassware looks good, really gives it clean feel. The equipment is far less visible and your eye is naturally draw to the scape!

That RTBS is a fair size !?

Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Thank you for all of your nice words. This is very kindly from all of you. ;)

JamesM said:
You are my hero :thumbup: I love this tank bud, please come do mine :D

:lol: Sounds very good. Would be fun with a beer or two with you guys :thumbup:
But i also come here for inspiration a while ago. You guys do better then i, and many of your tanks inspired me. Maybe this week i am the lucky guy with a good capture :p

George Farmer said:
How can anyone get tired of Nature Aquariums?!?!
Beautiful. One of the best I've seen in a while.
Thanks for sharing, Viktor!

Thank you George ;) UKAPS rulez! It is a pleasure to me to be here and can share these.
Your words means a lot to me. Thank you. ;)

andyh said:
This tank is truely world class, the latest pictures are fantastic!
I really like your plant selection they really compliment each other well.

Thank you Andy ;)

andyh said:
That RTBS is a fair size !?

Yup he is an old guy in my tank. Actualy saved from my old one. Could be around 7yr old or so :)

LondonDragon said:
A truly nature aquarium, my fav tank of all time, love it :) Congrats

Cheers mate ;) Thanks for your nice words. :p

Its a beauty Viktor, I love the crazy vallis :thumbup: :clap:

WHat an amazing setup Viktor, I think you have really suceeded on this tank and I have to agree the glass wear makes a hell of a difference, I was curious about the original top of the tank did you remove it and have you had any problems with the loss of the support as I am considering removing the top bracing and plastic from my tank

this is an amazing tank!!!! i just rushed through the pages to see the pictures of how the tank developed...

How many hours of light to give this tank each day?

Vito said:
WHat an amazing setup Viktor, I think you have really suceeded on this tank and I have to agree the glass wear makes a hell of a difference, I was curious about the original top of the tank did you remove it and have you had any problems with the loss of the support as I am considering removing the top bracing and plastic from my tank

Thanks Vito :thumbup:
I really not liked my hood at the very begining. So was refreshing when i got the Arcadia unit and do the open tank since then. Did not had any problem. But i lose around 10-15 liters/week which i need to refill.

mzm said:
this is an amazing tank!!!! i just rushed through the pages to see the pictures of how the tank developed...

How many hours of light to give this tank each day?

Thank you :D Light period currently from 10am to 8pm. CO2 from 7am til 9pm. Doing really well in this condition.

saintly said:
viktor! this is stunning my friend!

so when can i come to take photos? :lol:

Anytime Mark :D
But with your photo skills and top gear equipment don't you think this will be too super cool? :lol:
Do not want to rob the chances from others :p Nah just kidding :wave:

a great looking tank. love it :D

question about the foreground planting. is this an easy fast growing plant? cause i am looking for a same type of plant for my tank. but i can't get any jap. hairgrass here so i need to find an replacement. :)

Paulus said:
a great looking tank. love it :D

question about the foreground planting. is this an easy fast growing plant? cause i am looking for a same type of plant for my tank. but i can't get any jap. hairgrass here so i need to find an replacement. :)

Thanks mate ;)
Yeah parvula is running very fast in a good soil. Not sure there was any effect, but because my old substrate stayed in the tank (not replaced it), i put an ADA Multi Bottom (fert stick) in every 10 cm before the planting. So maybe this helped or not but within 2 months this become a very dense carpet. Only trimmed once since the setup, which was a few months after the start.

cheers guys. a bit of an update on the tank in a different way :D
i plan to throw the tank into the ADA IAPLC this year, so currently just making the final touches and will start to shoot the clean photos in the next month or so.

anyway i bought a new toy (Canon EOS550D) and yesterday i shoot my second short video with it. the video is more of a test this was captured at 10am and all the glasses reflect everything etc. will do a prof shot later at night time. but i thought i do a capture on the feeding and the fertilizing routine right after the light goes on.

no audio, no prof editing etc. just how i captured it and transcoded into a usable format.

enjoy ;)

Back