• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My Private Island - 240l tank

Re: 240l tank rescape (name coming later)

Realy nice aquarium you have there :thumbup: ! you really take good care of it ! good job ! what is the foreground plant ? is it eleocharis parvula ?

R9naldo said:
Realy nice aquarium you have there :thumbup: ! you really take good care of it ! good job ! what is the foreground plant ? is it eleocharis parvula ?

thanks R9naldo :p yup that's parvula on the front and on the sides. had 6 pots sliced to tini bits at planting and after 7 weeks this become a super dense green carpet.

andyh said:
Hey Viktor

This is one of my most favourite scapes on here, congratulations on such an excellent aqua scape. I really like your style, and the natural look created in your tanks.

I will be copying your selection of T5 tubes on my next setup, as the colour rendition seems to be perfect.

Keep up the work and show us more pics! :D
:thumbup:

thanks andy. this is very kindly from you. cheers :D

cheers guys, a bit of an update here.

the tank is 11 weeks old now. this time i played with my new 17-40 lens. so all the photos created at 17.
some trimming would be good, but i did not had energy for this today. ;)
so just a quick water change before i shot these :D

4181440915_61e799ce72.jpg

4181442645_9b2c797d4d.jpg

4181446401_16dba24f33.jpg

4182218562_a29ebec764.jpg

4182220458_b4d68a305f.jpg

for large res please check: http://www.flickr.com/photos/viktorlantos/

How did i miss this scape. Words are lost for its beauty

Gill said:
How did i miss this scape. Words are lost for its beauty

thanks for your nice words. actually this looks prettier in live, but i try my best to capture some of its moments :p

samc said:
looking really good viktor :thumbup: looks better every time i see it

thanks samc :thumbup: :p

Fantastic Viktor, looks like it's been set up much longer than it has! Nice to see a good carpet of plants, I'm not such a fan of the sand foreground effect, it's difficult to maintain in the long run. Great work - Tom

Hey Viktor,

Already told you i love this scape, but thought i would say it again! :rolleyes: :thumbup:

Can you confirm on the lights are you using 4 x OSRAM 865 HO i really like the natural look?

Andy

Your tank looks great Viktor. The groundcover turf is really nice. What kind of light fixture is that?

Thanks guys, actually i really like this tank. Except the background plant (vallisneria nana) the tank is not a fast growing one. So really easy to maintain. I had a stem forest earlier, but this thing require much less trimming etc and the plants looks great much longer. I remove some Nana bi-weekly, but others not really require too much maintenance. Pruned parvula 2 weeks ago the first time. And still have weeks for the next one. Mosses not grows too much because of the siamese algae eaters, bolbitis and microsorum narrow also kind of slow ones.

andyh said:
Hey Viktor,

Already told you i love this scape, but thought i would say it again! :rolleyes: :thumbup:

Can you confirm on the lights are you using 4 x OSRAM 865 HO i really like the natural look?

Andy

Hi Andy, thanks mate :D
The lights are correct 4*54Watt Osram 865 HO.
First it seemed too green but after the green water cleared up the natural look stayed. I have 880 too so i thought earlier i mix it up a little, but that is not happened yet :p

hydrophyte said:
Your tank looks great Viktor. The groundcover turf is really nice. What kind of light fixture is that?

thanks hydrophyte, well the plants are not as great as in your tanks but i try to keep up :lol:
the light is the Arcadia OT2 which i ordered from Aquaessentials earlier :thumbup:

14 weeks past since i did this setup. Not spent too much time with it in the holiday season, but today i had a water change, removed a lot of Vallisneria Nana, cleaned the microsorum leaves from the new plants, removed the died off cypherys leaves and made these photos.

with the light:

4237597386_359dbc0a3b_b.jpg

close up on the center part:

4236825299_5983dd680c_b.jpg

with the shader:

4237605820_5ee3c9abb5_b.jpg

i kind of like this tank. :D as it is slow enough to give great time for weeks.. well not weeks but months. only vallisneria need to be removed timely. really a low maintenance tank.

unfortunatelly siamese algae eaters killed many of my christmass moss. so i will replace that shortly.

This is also looking great Viktor, having minimal stem plants is a good way to a easy to maintain scape. I might try Vallis instead of C.helferi next time it's a really under-rated plant. Does the vallis get much black brush algae on the old leaves ?

I had the same problem with my SAE eating my mosses, I think they do such a good job on the algae that they get hungry. Love the red-tailed shark, not seen one for ages in the shops.

On a side note, have you ever visited any good planted tank stores in Austria ? I visit Vienna regularly and would like to check out the planted scene there :!:

TBRO said:
This is also looking great Viktor, having minimal stem plants is a good way to a easy to maintain scape. I might try Vallis instead of C.helferi next time it's a really under-rated plant. Does the vallis get much black brush algae on the old leaves ?

I had the same problem with my SAE eating my mosses, I think they do such a good job on the algae that they get hungry. Love the red-tailed shark, not seen one for ages in the shops.

On a side note, have you ever visited any good planted tank stores in Austria ? I visit Vienna regularly and would like to check out the planted scene there :!:

ops i missed your comment. sorry about that. Vallisneria Nana is a really nice plant. However this is a runner. Once this settle in gives a same ammount of work like a stem. But i would use cypherus h. instead of this. I have 2 of them in this tank and that is just looks really nice. not running etc ;)

Planted tank shop in austria... hmm not really. But there's a good fish shop in the center of the city. Called Zierfisch.at. I think planted tanks are not that common in austria. Not like Germany.

An update from the weekend. 15 wks old. Added an NA Carbon to one of my filter. water is clean, grass is nice i think i just need to lay down for a few minutes there ;)

4258839853_924031eba9_b.jpg

Stunning tank truly! I see you have 2 spraybars facing each other. I tried this setup once and ended up with loads of BGA due to dead spots in the tank. How do you make sure this doesn't happen? Thanks!

flygja said:
Stunning tank truly! I see you have 2 spraybars facing each other. I tried this setup once and ended up with loads of BGA due to dead spots in the tank. How do you make sure this doesn't happen? Thanks!

Thanks mate :D Running 2 filters. One is stronger a bit then the other. But i do not see dead spots in the tank. However when i started this tank for a few weeks i only used one of my filter, and i had a minor BGA problem on the front glass.
Then i added a Koralia to the other side to have the right flow and the BGA disappeared.

With the 2 filters and 2 spraybars i never had BGA problem, but the Phyton Git i use at water changes prevent that in some way too.

Back