• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My Private Island - 240l tank

Re: 240l tank rescape (name coming later)

stunning my friend.

what programme are you using for video? try the 30 day sample version of edius 5 ;)

drag canon files in the 'bin' and convert to the canopus HQ fine codec for brilliant real time editing. The effects suck, but everything else is amazing!

saintly said:
stunning my friend.

what programme are you using for video? try the 30 day sample version of edius 5 ;)

drag canon files in the 'bin' and convert to the canopus HQ fine codec for brilliant real time editing. The effects suck, but everything else is amazing!

Thanks Mark :p Well i guess this is very far from those stuff you do. I just play with these now.
But as you mentioned this is not an easy way to transcode these vids to the best shape.

The above video just throwed into Premier Pro CS4 and tweaked a bit there. The problem is this way you loose the real time editing. Which is not a problem at transcoding, but when more work needed this is a real pain.
Currently just collecting infos on the tools and processes.

Spent time mostly on conversion, but not real time editing. However i used Avid codec (which is free), used streamclip for pre conversion etc.

Tried Vegas too on my 64bit Win 7 i7 machine. But Adobe was closer to me because of my daily work with Adobe stuffs.
Seen Avid is great too, but its pricing.... Edius looks superb too, but also too expensive for these tasks. Will check the trial anyway. Thanks for the tip Mark :thumbup:

Excellent video ! Its great to see fert and feeding regime, i think this may be the start of something new! Video is definitely an excellent way of showcasing all our work and especially helpful in the how to sections!
Keep up the good work viktor! :thumbup:

Great video Viktor :) What is the fert routine? Was that Step 3 x 12pumps, or two different steps x 6? And was the clear Brighty K? I'm guessing the last one was Green Gain or something like that?

Crystal clear water. Love it!

How about one from an angle? ;)

4423426304_9d4a75bb6e_b.jpg

also from the front before the maintenance:

4422659913_392aa897f0_b.jpg

There was no seriuos preparation. Just took the camera a few days before and made this shot to test my new cam.
Glasses are dirty, plants are overgrown, but this is the average form of the tank. i am quite happy with it. :p

Will be silent in the upcoming months as i also plan to throw this tank to the IAPLC. Just making the final touches in the upcoming weeks.

cheers guys,
not posted a while ago. the tank matured well, some plants i am not happy with, but this will not look better at all :D
bolbitis looks good then after weeks the leaf become dark and nothing save it from the scissors... probably the tap water is not the best for them. mosses not doing good as the 2 siamese eat 24 hours a day, no chance for them.

otherwise i had a photo session today to prep the tank to the IAPLC. built a frame, cleaned up the tank, added in a backlight. no full shot this time but you can see the part of it. the quality is not like some of the prof here as i only have a camera no spec lights etc, but try to keep up with the UKAPS masters :D

maybe a new scape is coming later this summer?... ;)
enjoy ;)

4629334699_eaa0c73dd0_b.jpg

4629336553_860d83d69d_b.jpg

Excellent. You have to be congratulated for keeping the vallis under control! My tank got overtaken and it swamped everything.

Love the RTBS as well, don't see those in planted tanks often. They're one of my fave fish (as you can see from my avatar). That one died though due to my small son feeding the fish a whole tub of fish food. I found the carnage the morning after.....

Does it still get on OK with the siamese algae eaters and apisto?

Thanks guys for all of your nice words :thumbup:

beeky said:
Excellent. You have to be congratulated for keeping the vallis under control! My tank got overtaken and it swamped everything.

Pretty challenging. Had to remove a bunch of vallis weekly to keep it under control. Will think twice on my future layout to use this plant. However this is very nice with its long leaf.

beeky said:
Does it still get on OK with the siamese algae eaters and apisto?

he is the chief in the tank. apisto and siamese both just come after that. so he has a respect for sure. :D
but everyone is happy apistos are breeding etc.

siamese could be very happy that i keep throwing them new mosses to keep the tank in shape :D

Very nice indeed, any chance you know the species of the anubias? Is it just normal barterii?

Garuf said:
Very nice indeed, any chance you know the species of the anubias? Is it just normal barterii?

yup as far as i know Anubias barteri var. nana and Anubias barteri ''coffeefolia'' species i used from the old tank.

Thanks viktor, again, really beautiful. It's made me certain that I want Acciularius in my new tank. It looks so good in your tank.

Thanks guys :angelic:

George Farmer said:
All the best for the IAPLC. It's very tough to predict ranking but I would like to see this in the Top 150.

Thanks George, if you're right, then i pay the round of beers on our next meeting :lol:
I would be happy to be in the top 200. After i submitted today i got number 1490 or so. Which means this year will be busy again.

1 week left guys, come on submit your tanks ;)

Back