• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My Private Island - 240l tank

George Farmer said:
I submitted an entry today... :woot:

I bet you a round of beers that your's beats my entry, Viktor!

Was it the Tropica stand tank?? ;)

cheers guys, i thought i share 2 photos with you.

first one is my HC island over my large tank. This has grown on the top of the moss and the dark iron wood. Easily overtaken the moss and now this is above the water and started to grow back to the water from there. Pretty amazing and healthy and not burning not dry out because of the extreme heat from the lamp. Live there for months. Today at the water change i captured it.

4653333160_e9532febbf_b.jpg

Second shot is the one from last week when i did the IAPLC shots. This is a werk shot how the tank looked like with the frame mounted and the added in backlight.

4653987140_afa1d24040_b.jpg

you still have 1 day to submit yours :p
Good luck to all UKAPS entrants on the contest from the Hungarian scapers :thumbup:

viktorlantos said:
am glad that i do not have an 180cm tank. Frame that would be a nightmare :D

what did you use viktor? black cardboard?

The tank does look truly amazing mate.The back lighting looks sweet.

viktorlantos said:

That is really interesting to see that dense covering of HC. I have wondered about using that plant with riparium planters and rafts, but I imagined that it would be too thin and small to cover very well. Now I think that I should give it a try. What is the root system like for that emersed clump? Are the roots right in the water or are they growing into a substrate.

22-v-10-planters-vi-s.jpg

Great full tank shot too Viktor!

ceg4048 said:
Gorgeous shot of the HC Viktor. Absolutely love it mate.

Thanks mate ;)

saintly said:
what did you use viktor? black cardboard?

yup black cardboard, but i selected the heaviest piece in the shop. had to use 4 large size piece and crop that to have this frame. i guess this was a 300gr piece paper. since the full frame mounted together on the floor this had a good weight at the end. luckily some tape on both side was enough to keep it on the tank.

saintly said:
The tank does look truly amazing mate.The back lighting looks sweet.

Thanks Mark. I can tell you that UKAPS has some great photographer including you who inspire us a lot. so we just try to keep up, but definately put more attention to the photos since i see those amazing captures from you, tonser, George and many more. UKAPS rulez! :thumbup:

hydrophyte said:
That is really interesting to see that dense covering of HC. I have wondered about using that plant with riparium planters and rafts, but I imagined that it would be too thin and small to cover very well. Now I think that I should give it a try. What is the root system like for that emersed clump? Are the roots right in the water or are they growing into a substrate.

HC looks amazing emersed. The only problem is the root is not that big around 2-3cm. Not sure how this would work on the riparium pot. But i would give it a try. Looks amazing how this grows back to the water. They are happy in a substrate, moss, lava stone. just need plenty light i guess.

Tonser said:
Looks awesome Viktor - the healthies HC you've got there

Nice setup for the pics too, even from that angle the tank looks stunning

Thanks buddy :thumbup: try to keep up with you too ;)

Love the black cut-out idea. Must remember that when I next do a contest tank!

'Scape looks superb too.

Hungary vs. UK in the ADA contest. I wonder which country with have the highest average ranking???? Loser gets to buy a round of beers at the next European gathering!

2 shots from this week....

the giant plecs checking the temperature these days, as getting warmer... :D

4684583271_b3a3b91c64_b.jpg

he looks good by the way in larger size: http://www.flickr.com/photos/viktorlant ... 1/sizes/o/ his side wings looks like a carbon stuff. got pimped! ;)

Another shot before the lights goes down...

4685657381_b74ac31df9_b.jpg

David and Goliath :thumbup:

Viktor, great pictures as always my friend!

I still think that this tank "My Private Island" is one of the best tanks on here for so many different levels!

Keep up the good work!

Andyh

andyh said:
Viktor, great pictures as always my friend!
I still think that this tank "My Private Island" is one of the best tanks on here for so many different levels!

Thanks Andy :thumbup:
I am glad you like the beast and that you match with the nicest here. I do not think this is a top level tank, but i am glad i achieved this, with the inspiration of the member tanks here. Still a lot to learn.. However one thing i like about the current tank, because of the plant selection i can keep the current form for many months. Its not like a stem forest, where you have a few good days then you cut back and had to wait weeks to reach the same form.
Really surprising to me that i can keep in nearly the same form since the begining. If a few plants would be nicer, like the moss or the bolbitis it could be much better.

viktorlantos said:
2 shots from this week....

the giant plecs checking the temperature these days, as getting warmer... :D

4684583271_b3a3b91c64_b.jpg

he looks good by the way in larger size: http://www.flickr.com/photos/viktorlant ... 1/sizes/o/ his side wings looks like a carbon stuff. got pimped! ;)

Another shot before the lights goes down...

4685657381_b74ac31df9_b.jpg

David and Goliath :thumbup:

Is he not causeing you scape problems? Mines causeing havoc. :crazy:

hydrophyte said:
These are looking great Viktor!

Thank you ;)

chilled84 said:
Is he not causeing you scape problems? Mines causeing havoc.

He is a chilled guy. Moving slowly, mostly hide. No prob at all. He is alone now, when he had a mate, they had much more fun together. :D

had less time nowadays to maintain correctly this larger tank. so a bit overgrown here and there. need some trimming around these days. the scape looks a bit different than i had on the ADA IAPLC shot this is why i feel ok to publish this image.

anyway here it is. probably i will redo this tank in the following months to something different. maybe some lava scape in this size ;) so this is one of the latest photos on this one. worked out great from the beginning to me. :angelic:

4778143212_583a40c5f3_b.jpg

Back