• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My Private Island - 240l tank

Re: 240l tank rescape (name coming later)

Really inspiring Viktor, It's nice to see that it is possible to get that ADA look with enough hard work, I like your use of wood in all your scapes.

I get the problem when scaping my big tank that I just get tired and loose my enthusiasm half way through, especially when you have to rush (fish in buckets, plants drying out) - Large tank scaping is an indurance sport but great if your partner helps out :!:

Regards, Tom

viktorlantos said:
thanks guys for the nice words. will keep anubias then and will see how that goes.

yesterday i throwed in 3 utricularia g. to the front part (front center). hope they will stay alive and form a carpet.

got them in a gel form. this is 100 times better than any other form.
i do not know why HC or other small foreground plants are not cultivated in this form. much easier to handle.

will post a new photo over the weekend ;)
Hi Viktor,

I hope this is what you mean..http://www.flickr.com/photos/fitjab/3997705695/ :p

Cheers

yup this is it ashpitt, thanks for sharing. hope this will be available by some plant distributor shortly.

Tom, thanks for your nice comment :)

A few minutes before i shot another round on this tank. Today the scape is 16 days old.
So there are progress on parvula, mosses, valisneria nana and other grass like plants.
Added in 3 pot utricularia a few days ago they still need time to settle in.

Moss cotton released to early some of the mosses :D realized later we not used enough on the wood from this thing.

3998755630_5d69f15398_o.jpg

3998756494_34bd18cc75_o.jpg

cheers guys. :) today i shoot some new photos on this tank.

5 weeks after the setup things looks much better now. parvula made a great dense carpet. bolbitis and narrow just grow nicely. mosses are in good condition. could be great too but 2 siamese manging this part so there's nothing to do about it :D

removed utricularia g. from the front as is has a very bright green color, which did not really matched with the rest of the scape. i had hope this will darken a bit just like all other plants but not.

anyway enjoy :D

4064338653_97aaafc03a_o.jpg

and one with the light:

4064340603_32c56a0360_o.jpg

nice tank :clap: nice wood .. :thumbup: . you can put a black sheet at the back of the tank .. to have more contrast whit the plants .. maybe it whill look nice :D

I really like this! The 'messy' look is definately my thing (and that's messy in a good way ;)).

samc said:
very nice viktor

its changed alot in a short space of time. very green :D

thanks sam,
yup this is green, but additionally to the green plants i've changed my lamps too. from arcadia plant pro (which you cn see on the earlier pictures) to OSRAM 865 HO. So this is why the tank looks more natural on the last photos. and also plants looks a little greener then earlier.

otherwise green looks pretty cool after my stem forest :D
Go Green guys! :lol:

yesterday i had a WC. after the tank cleaned up i shot today some photos from the current status.

the setup is 7 weeks old. and i feel that my plants nicely merged with the wood and stones. so the full shot feels like a whole image now.

i know the ugly techs are there like the koralia, the heater and the green eheim pipes, but whenever i see this tank gives a great feeling really. maybe the natural look of the moss, ferns, grasses, but really relaxing to look at it. :)

my photo skills are not the best as some of you can do (saintly, tonser for example), but the pics are ok however this not shows the tank in its real shine.

can not believe how much progress are there in 7 weeks. if you check the begining of this journal.

4109834782_df78cf217c_b.jpg

4109836696_557e41649d_b.jpg

i do not have any algae except the brown on the stones and at the end of the week some diatom on the glass.

fertilization is ADA on this tank.

saintly said:
this looks great viktor. i bet your glad you kept the anubias?

Thanks Mark. Yup i think would miss them. they settled and gives a good balance between the fine mosses and grass type of plants. ;)

AdAndrews said:
Its awesome mate, i love everthing about it, well done :clap:

Thanks mate. :wave:

wow amazing growth.

plants look very healthy, well done. :D

how are you finding the red tail black shark? (RTBS)

it is nippy?

This just getting better and better isn't it! I really like the fact that you hae an RTBS too - as Nick asked, how do you find it?

thanks guys :D

that fish is a boss in my tank currently. keep control of the 2 siamese and just with its present rasboras not feels that they own the tank ;) so they not breed etc.

otherwise pretty friendly. no rival fight.

Hey Viktor

This is one of my most favourite scapes on here, congratulations on such an excellent aqua scape. I really like your style, and the natural look created in your tanks.

I will be copying your selection of T5 tubes on my next setup, as the colour rendition seems to be perfect.

Keep up the work and show us more pics! :D
:thumbup:

Back