• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My rio 180

tko187

This is my current setup, before i was bit by the bug and found this site, now im going mad wit ma c/c and ordering the following

Full co2 setup
ADA aquasoil x3
Hydor Koralia pump
Dry or Tropica+ liquid ferts ???? Which one guys, can i acheive the same result with latter as i cant be bohered with the mixing and maths.

Already have the rio highlite t5's with reflectors, i think these are all good.

Tank aint nothing special, i want to get there soon hopefully.

newaquascapesideview.jpg

newdriftwood.jpg

Another shot, im new to this so any help critiques welcome, i need all the help i can get.

Im not too happy with the layout at all guys, will be adding new planting substrate this week, so any advice on stuff i need to do would be greatly appreciated, i need pointers on what i should add and take out, pleeeeease....

once you have a decent substrate your Vals will spread like mad, so you could make a feature out of that, in the background middle maybe.

I actually really like what youve done with the hardscaping as it is :) but it could do with some more midground floral interest on the left.. but as it grows up in new substrate I recon it would fill in nicely.

In my experience you can achieve good results with TPN+, but it is considerably more expensive than dry ferts.

Also consider mixing up your own version, as per JamesC's brilliant site - http://www.theplantedtank.co.uk/allinone.htm

BTW your plant on the right, in front of the Redmoor wood is Ophiopogon sp. and is non-aquatic so I'd replace it when you get your new gear.

As for hardscape, generally most folk prefer the natural look of not mixing rocks or wood types.

Good luck.

As for hardscape, generally most folk prefer the natural look of not mixing rocks or wood types.

Thanks guys, so do you mean i shouldnt mix the bogwwod and redmoor?? I was aware that rocks were all mixed up and have already removed them, this is a slightly older picture, i just wanted to give you guys an idea, well ill post some new ones up soon if anyone interested. Should i remove one of the woods and what else would someone recommend, im trying to create depth and height...any ideas welcomed.

Thanks

Back