• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My rio 240 planted discus tank

Re: Rio 240,hc emmersed setup

no idea mate i dont use that,i have 2 bottles with micro and macro mix in them

Well wasn't happy with the tank so i ripped out the fast growing stems that i had on the right side and planted it up with some blxya cuttings,also got a Nymphaea lotus (zenkeri) to try out

dsci0003nk7.jpg

As you can see got some Seiryu Stone in now aswell,will be getting more hopefully, also another piece of wood maybe in the new year,this xmas lark is expensive :lol:

I just cant seem to keep the moss free from algae,drop checkers green,good flow,daily dosing but it just gets covered with this green/brown slimy floaty stuff,
dsci00022hy5.jpg

Its annoying to try and pull off as it just snaps off into bits :twisted:

Well thought it was about time to post an update as i havent posted in a bit :D
Not alot has changed since the last time i posted,just got a new camara so they look a better picture to me :lol:
sdc10052cb9.jpg

sdc10054dq7.jpg

As you can see the blyxa is growing well(its a good 30cm high now) and the hc is still spreading,i gave it a little trim before taking the photo,thats why theres green things floating :lol:
The lotus bulb seems to have taken ages to settle in but its now starting to grow,just see one of the leaves in the back right corner
Got myself a group of 6 albino corys,there great little characters(you can just see one in the bottom left corner :lol: )

I'm actually lost for words. What a pretty tank!

Thanks alot :oops: ,it still needs to grow in abit but its getting there slowly :lol:

Not much's changed?The Blyxa is a monster who looks like it's just finishing off a tree!!It's massive!New camera really shows off the tank,looking great and mega healthy.

:lol: thanks the blyxa is a great plant,my old camara was from the dark ages :rolleyes:

Just noticed the discus are in almost the same spot i last time took a picture(guess they know which side i put the grub in)

What to you mean on its own :?
I dose daily if thats what your meaning?

Yeah pretty much of its own course,i only started out with 5 small plants,then kept trimming them and planting next to them ,so where the 1st 5 plants are is the higher part(cant beleive i only stated with 5 tiny plants :lol: )

It was planted up in september so probally not that quick,its just this last month its took off

That does look great and the blyxa mound does look fantastic, I was at a loss for what to try in a back quarter of my tank - think you might have given me a bit of inspiration.

Thanks,it was intially in my plan as a foreground plant as i didnt realise how tall it could grow,most sites said between 10cm t0 15cm :rolleyes:

What happened to it,did it just die off completely?

Back