• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My-Rio-240

michael.c

Seedling
Its now been a while since I joined UKAPS and I have researched a lot about the layout and so forth. Please critique my scape here there is some redmoor and mopani and with the aide of Photoshop, plants that I now hope to include.

Alternanthera reinecki "Red"
Echinodorus Osirus
Echinodorus tenellus
Eleocharis Parvulus
Gymnocoronis spilanthoides
Heteranthera zosteraefolia
Hydrocotyle leucocephala
Mayaca fluviatilis
Willow moss

Please be gentle I know the size and scale is wrong but if it does turn out half as good I will be chuffed with it.
mick0209.jpg

I like the left hand side with the large sweeps of plants but the right hand side looks too busy. I'd just use one type of wood too; using two different types is hard to make look right IMHO.

Other than that if it looks that lush and densely planted when it comes to realisation it should look great. :D

michael.c said:
redmoor it is then! So on the left I will have to rethink...

Right not left!

And it could just be the pictures but I'd go with larger groups of less types at this stage. If you're anything like me you'll add lots more types anyway over the weeks/months anyway!

I like the left also, there is a bit of a dutch feel going on there on the left hand side that i would continue with for the whole tank if it was me.

Back