• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My Road to IAPLC 2017

The wood has sunken, plants and moss is growing, so far I'm happy:

2ikqz2b.jpg

Amazing, just so amazing. Very jealous of that layout. I hope one day I can have something like this :)

In regards to trimming, I like the balance it has now in terms of growth but each to own :)

Thank you! I don't know how full I want the plants, I do want to try out letting all the background plants grow to the surface and trim them in a curve to emphasise the path in the middle. If I don't like it, I can always trim them back to this height.

Thank you! I don't know how full I want the plants, I do want to try out letting all the background plants grow to the surface and trim them in a curve to emphasise the path in the middle. If I don't like it, I can always trim them back to this height.

Sounds like an excellent plan of action. Look forward to seeing how that ends up :)

The water does turn a little yellow despite the active carbon and purigen. So I replaced the carbon, perhaps It's already saturated.
Also some diatoms at the sand, but notering to worry about. And the Otocinclus are eating the Cardamina, so I hope it will grow a little faster, so it grows faster than they eat.

Overall, I'm still very happy!

I know it's the wood, but I used this type of wood before in another scape (see picture below), but this was a considerable smaller amount of wood off course. A small amount of carbon was enough to keep the water crystal clear in this tank. So I hope this will only be for a short while, we'll see.

29270j6.jpg

Woah, I was wondering about tank size as well, it is definitely not the standard 60P due to form factor, but I failed to think it could be 60H. Gosh, Maya the master of illusions.

It's actually a very nice size for scaping. Especially the 45cm front to back. I made this tank for the booth from our store Diebo at an exhibition in the Netherlands. It was well received, but it stands in our shop, not at my house unfortunately... The light is a Twinstar 600ES, funny thing is that the CEO from Twinstar came by to see it as well. Really nice guy!

Me with the Twinstar CEO, his friend and Jorg Buhlmann (ADA Germany CEO):
2hmzjuh.jpg

Last edited:
Back