• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape my set up so far....

Rachel Essex

.....so after a trip to AG I have been playing with my scape. First attempt was ok but lacked something and bits about it bugged me, the scape was too far back, looked a bit flat maybe? So I have a play about tonight and came up with this second attempt. Any thoughts?? Trying to get the wood to look like roots growing around and over the rocks. I added some slate chips to break up the line between rock and gravel. Wood is not permanently fixed yet as I may shuffle it about some more.

IMG_7425.jpeg

anyone?? I have taken the wood out to soak and angled the rocks slightly more on the right hand side. Just need to get some filter floss to fill in between the rocks.
IMG_7434.jpeg

Rachel

So I have a play about tonight and came up with this second attempt. Any thoughts??
Yes keep attempting.
Why have you divided your tank into sections by placing a wall practically in a straight line and two different coloured substrates?

Trying to get the wood to look like roots growing around and over the rocks.

That is a very good plan but getting it perfect will not be easy.

0twisted%20wood%20and%20rocks%209.7.19%20_edited-1.jpg

I am not saying this will work either but at least try it and see if it is an improvement. At thre moment forget about the rocks and the Driftwood.

Keith:wave::wave:

I’d try the wood as is - it’s easy to another piece later (difficulty is in the finding - and buying)
(yes, Green Aqua has a video for that :p)

At present there’s a long low (right side) triangle shape and I think that planting will add definition and create depth

The substrate division between sand and soil is much improved from earlier attempts

Try changing the lighting to more “normal” planted tank spectrum (begin with white only, add a bit of red blue green etc)

Take some top down photos as well, also any viewing angle photos

iPhone etc pics will never capture the scape in the same way as a good camera and chosen lens

Hi Alto
I'm still changing things around. I might raise the left side wood more, and have more rock and 'trunk' on the left, possibly doing away with the gravel. Still very undecided!

As for the lights, one is just on so I can see and take a pic. It's been reset and is in no way at all going to be the setting I will be using!

Wood is soaking in the bath atm.....lots of tannins coming out but it is starting to sink now.

I'll keep fiddling about, I'm happy to take my time at this point, but still busting to plant it up.

Back