• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My Set Up

Worshiper

So it has been a approximately a month since I set this tank up from an existing set up.
The DHG has started to spread a bit and so has the HC (although the HC is a really slow grower for me- happy for it to stay where it is tbh as it looks a bit like a shrub :).. to me atleast)
It may not be the best scape compared to the beautiful ones on this site but I am happy with the way it turned out and seems to be progressing well so I wanted to share it with my UKAPS friends :)
2015-12-15 18.43.13.jpg

Thanks Guys! I am glad you guys like it. sorry for the poor quality pic. I have no photography skills!:)

8 Carninal tetras
2 cherry barbs
3 mountain minnows

I plan to get a few more minnows and shrimp this weekend.

It's just a superfish internal filter.

Mountain Minnows are easy to breed. I had no intention for it to happen but with 4 minnows (1 albino) it did, just looked at my 100L one day and swimming at the surface of the water were 7 tiny fry. So I got straight on the ball and ordered a separation/breeder net and Liqifry No2 from Amazon. Got the food first after about a week and the net took ages probably a month because it came from China. It was a waste buying the net but in the mean time I netted the fry into a 3L cereal tub filled with water from the same tank, an air stone and a few floating Java Fern plantlets. Everything was going fine for a whole 2 weeks. I got to see them grow quite a bit and see the first signs of colour. I even did a small water change. Sadly I just stopped noticing them. I put there death down to the tub being in the kitchen near the window even though its double glazed the nights now get really cold. When the heating's not on I can see my breath! So yeah theres a really good chance you could have some fry swimming about your tank soon if you get some more minnows. Good luck.

That's nice Smells fishy!
I have only bred siamese fighters thus faro_O. Well guppies too but who hasn't :lol:. My cherry barbs have paired up nicely but not sure how to breed them as it is a community tank and it is pretty small. 54l.
I am also interested in blue rams but my tank is too small for them. May well have to convince the Mrs. I need a bigger tank ;)

Not really tbh. They luk like mosquito larvae until they grow larger:). Infact it's not easy to know the sex until they grow fairly larger.

Back