my shrimp look lonely

Discussion in 'Fish' started by mcmath-2000, 26 Feb 2009.

1. mcmath-2000

mcmath-2000 Newly Registered

i have a 3ft tank with 10 cherry shrimp and 10 tigers all young so no babies yet but i want a small group of fish that can use up the top of the tank it is heavely planted with riccia and some other unknown plants (i collect free ones from friends tanks) i was thinking of keeping either guppys or some white cloud minnows would they breed if left to there own devices as i want to keep the tank as a "jungle"

2. altaaffe

altaaffe Member

Yes, both guppies and WCMM will breed, I have had to introduce a second species of fish to tanks containing WCMMs to keep the numbers down.

3. Thomas McMillan

Thomas McMillan Member

Yeah, they would.

Lampeye Kilifish?

4. Egmel

Egmel Member

If you're choosing between the two then I would recommend the WCMM unless you have a good source of guppies. I've never had any luck with shop bought guppies, they were always so sickly and fell over within a month or 2 of being bought - but the babies they had lasted for ages!

5. mcmath-2000

mcmath-2000 Newly Registered

thanx every one it looks like wcmm will do the trick ill put up some pics once there in and its established